PDA

View Full Version : GM Bell

Nickademus
July 25th, 2017, 08:07
Does User.ringBell not work for the GM? I don't hear a bell when only on a host session. Only when I connect as a localhost do I hear a bell sent to everyone.

Zacchaeus
July 25th, 2017, 09:25
I've never heard the bell as GM. As far as I know it only pings for the player whose turn it is. I assume that the DM is paying attention all the time whilst the players' mind might wander when it isn't their turn :)

Nickademus
July 25th, 2017, 10:15
The bell rings whenever the ruleset (or extensions) call User.ringBell(). In the base rulesets, this is used for the player's turn, but it can be used anywhere.

Zacchaeus
July 25th, 2017, 11:19
So are you saying that you have set things so that it should ping for the DM and it doesn't?

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2017, 13:26
There's no ringBell function for the GM. The ringBell function either does a specific player user, or everyone.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
July 25th, 2017, 18:37
That's what I'm saying. I have it set to everyone, but it doesn't ding for the GM. I hear the ding when I connect to localhost (as does the other players), but the GM client gets nothing.

Andraax
July 25th, 2017, 20:22
The GM is not a client, it's the host. The bell only rings on the clients.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 20:25
Yep, the GM isn't a client. The description in the API guide pretty much says how ringBell works on clients only: "Rings a bell on the client computer, specified by user name parameter. If no parameter is supplied, then the bell will be rung on all clients."

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/User.xcp#ringBell

Nickademus
July 25th, 2017, 21:19
*cries* #noloveforGM

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 22:02
*cries* #noloveforGM
Just ring your own bell. ;-)

Nickademus
July 26th, 2017, 00:30
I'm too busy tooting my own horn.