PDA

View Full Version : Can't Install at all

nrbrown35
July 25th, 2017, 00:41
I purchased FG yesterday (Sub based) And tried to install it, but each time I begin the install, I get the same message. ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out Retrying in 10 seconds. I've tried adding exceptions to my firewall, my routers firewall, windows defender, and still have not been able to install. Any ideas?

Thanks,

LordEntrails
July 25th, 2017, 00:43
First, are you on Windows or Mac or Linux? Are you installing through Steam, the FG website installer or..?

In any case, it sounds like something on your network is stopping the file from being downloaded. Probably your anti-virus, but we will need to know more to help.

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2017, 00:52
That message means that something on your network is stopping Fantasy Grounds from getting to the Internet to update.

It could be Windows Firewall, or third party security software (like McAfee or Avast).
Also, if you have your network set to Public on Windows, there is extra security, and you have to specifically allow programs to access Internet. If you're at home, it should be set to Private.

Regards,
JPG

nrbrown35
July 25th, 2017, 02:22
That message means that something on your network is stopping Fantasy Grounds from getting to the Internet to update.

It could be Windows Firewall, or third party security software (like McAfee or Avast).
Also, if you have your network set to Public on Windows, there is extra security, and you have to specifically allow programs to access Internet. If you're at home, it should be set to Private.

Regards,
JPG

I'm on my home internet, and it is set to Private, and I've allowed exceptions for the updater through all my anti-virus/firewall, and still am receiving the same error. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

nrbrown35
July 25th, 2017, 02:24
First, are you on Windows or Mac or Linux? Are you installing through Steam, the FG website installer or..?

In any case, it sounds like something on your network is stopping the file from being downloaded. Probably your anti-virus, but we will need to know more to help.

I'm on Windows, and I've tried both from the FG website, and the demo version through steam, with the same issues.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 02:26
Try running the updater directly from the installation directory, by default this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds

Run FGUpdaterEngine.exe and see if that works. If not, right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator".

nrbrown35
July 25th, 2017, 02:36
Try running the updater directly from the installation directory, by default this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds

Run FGUpdaterEngine.exe and see if that works. If not, right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator".

The updater engine is the program that gives me the error. Even if I run as admin.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 02:46
The updater engine is the program that gives me the error. Even if I run as admin.
Yep, I realised that, I was just seeing if running it directly as Admin made any difference.

Who's your ISP?

nrbrown35
July 25th, 2017, 02:48
Yep, I realised that, I was just seeing if running it directly as Admin made any difference.

Who's your ISP?

Cox.

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2017, 02:49
Also, which security software do you have installed? McAfee, Avast, AVG, or anything else?

JPG

nrbrown35
July 25th, 2017, 02:55
Also, which security software do you have installed? McAfee, Avast, AVG, or anything else?

JPG

I just have Windows Defender, and my routers firewall.

lb4davido
August 30th, 2017, 00:34
I'm having the same issue

Zacchaeus
August 30th, 2017, 00:41
I'm having the same issue
Welcome to FG davido. Can you give us more information about your set up, what antivirus you use, what you have tried etc.

lb4davido
August 30th, 2017, 00:52
I purchased the ultimate through the 9.99/month subscription. I downloaded the webinstaller, put in my ultimate ID, kept the two recommended file locations, turned off my windows defender, turned off the windows firewall, started the install and it just keeps timing out. I can connect to the forums and the store, but the installer says network: time out every 30 seconds or so. I've been trying the last day & 1/2

Moon Wizard
August 30th, 2017, 04:53
This usually means that some piece of software on your machine is blocking you from updating. Usually, it is Windows Firewall and/or any other security software you might be using (Avast, AVG, Norton, McAfee, ...).

Some things to try:
* Double-check to see if you have any other third party security software installed, and disable or add exception for FantasyGrounds and FGUpdaterEngine.
* Try running as Administrator (go to FG install directory, right click on FGUpdaterEngine, and select Run as Admin option)

Regards,
JPG