PDA

View Full Version : Sudenly not connecting

Icenhorn
July 24th, 2017, 23:34
so, for the last few weeks, FG has been working just fine. we stop playing for a weekend because of RL, now here we are again, ready to start up again, and hey presto, no one can connect. there has been no changes to my Hamachi's Log me in, we can see each other there, and all's good, even can chat using its simple chat program thing. but no one can connect to my FG. I've literally changed nothing since the last time we played. I did hit it with an update as it seemed to want to do one (the button was red) but before and after I hit the update, the program wasn't connecting us. anyone else having this issue?

LordEntrails
July 25th, 2017, 00:41
Since you are using Hamachi, your players on in your LogMeIn network? They are trying to use your Hamachi IP and not your internal or external IP?

Icenhorn
July 25th, 2017, 00:52
Correct, they are using the IP from Hamachi.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 00:55
What error do the players get? "Could not connect to Host" or something else?

What does Windows report your Hamachi network as? Public or Private (work/home)?

Icenhorn
July 25th, 2017, 01:06
the message says "Could not connect to the host, check your network settings and verify the host address" is what it says. we have done this. and its all the same as before, unless there is something we are not seeing.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 01:11
we have done this. and its all the same as before, unless there is something we are not seeing.
It might be the same as before, but either updating FG or some automatic updates in the background you're not aware of can make changes. Please let us know - is your Hamachi network showing as Public or Private? We're trying to help, so please give us as much info as possible. "the same as before" doesn't really provide us with anything. :)

Icenhorn
July 25th, 2017, 03:44
sorry, i wasnt realy sure what to ask, as its outside of my main understanding of computers. anyway, my hamachi is set to private.

Icenhorn
July 25th, 2017, 03:54
and that was the issue... some how it reset. thank you for drawing my atention to this, as id not have found it till i had exhausted everything else... xD

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 04:42
Cool, glad you got it working. :)