PDA

View Full Version : Doppelgängers

mhorgunn
July 24th, 2017, 15:26
So ... back story ... My players almost finished Lost Mines of Phandelver. They got caught by a female version of the Spider and sold into slavery. They now find themselves in Out of the Abyss. But meanwhile the doppelgänger from LMoP has taken on the persona of one of the PC. This female character finding a family connection to the Tresanders has become Lady Tresander. The doppelgänger has at this point taken the pc's crown, her marriage and perverted their warlock patron not to mention what wealth amassed.

The player and I were talking last night and they were fretting over to what level a doppelgänger in female form could ... ahem ... interact and if there was a chance for a prodigy.

I know that in the Monster Manual it says that the doppelgänger in male form propagates in a like manner of silkies and other fair folk leaving the raising of the child to others. I know that they are suppose to be lazy but also might use the emotional attachments of the single faces to advance their agenda. What do you think? And if so what form would the child take?