PDA

View Full Version : Looking into running a game for the first time. need players

DraconosDeadman
July 23rd, 2017, 01:14
have all the 5e books so far, was running for a another group of friends, but now have time on my hands. it have to be at around 8pm central. sometimes it might be called off because of real life. have a discord if its really required, but because of general new to things ill be running a module, most likely hotdq into a rise if it gets serious.

just letting you know that anything within loaded modules is allowed. including unearthed arcana.
willing to work with both story driven and fight night style groups.

im looking for 3-4 players, with one already signed up.

Mouley
July 23rd, 2017, 02:46
I'd be interested. What day and times were you thinking? Wouldn't mind doing a paladin

I have played both 5e and fantasy grounds. Discord would be helpful for voice for sure.

Mouley

Ballzack
July 23rd, 2017, 05:49
Hello. I am interested in finding my place in your campaign. Are you still looking for players?
I'm 43 years old and have been playing D&D since red box. I've played all editions up to 5th and my home game has had about 6 sessions with it. I'm familiar with the mechanics.
My experience with online tabletops is low.

I'm looking for a good group of players who meld well together and can have a good time and a good laugh.

Mats-Fu
July 23rd, 2017, 18:55
Greetings!

I'm interested in joining your game, just curious about the schedule. I have lots of experience with D&D (exact same as Ballzack) and I have much of the 5th edition material. I have a unlimited license and I'm a committed player.

DraconosDeadman
July 23rd, 2017, 20:23
wow wasnt sure if this would get looked at but this is cool.
times would be fluid, but scheduled before hand. there are experience rewards for showing up, and for excuse's before hand.
a no call no show on a scheduled "week in advance" session is bad manners and only forgivable if its not a consistent problem.
ill give a general rule of thumb that session will run about 3 to 4 hours, usually in the evening as i dont find myself or my other player working at those times.
i am on call though so im as likely to cancel as anyone.
i need time between sessions to craft a fun experience.
as to language, manners, jokes and such. we are all adults, and me and my brother live in a house of all guys , in the southern states.
i wont restrict a persons right to talk however they wish in their own home, so if we do use discord expect a more crass aproach
otherwise while in chat, roleplay how your character would act, but remember that we are all here to tell a story, and usually not everything is funny to everybody.
if you find yourself uncomfortable with anything in my game i like it when my players tell me, so i can see about trying to fix it. usually i can.
i do find myself changing the modules and not adhering to adventure league, or any semblence of cannon. i also find monsters to be laughably easy, and i
like to spice up challenges with homebrew content and homebrew rules. all of which are able to be changed, as i just use any current rules the players find useful.
i enjoy narrative twists, mind twisting horror, and epic fantasy. im a coder, so i have custom content already in FG, such as a functioning and only semi broken undead race.
when i find the time i add more content, usually from online sources that ive approved. so im really ok with introducing custom player content, but since its done painstakingly
over my other real life free time, dont expect instance results.
i also tend to introduce other premade characters, test out builds with npcs, and sometimes just outright break the game to make awesome characters for you to interact with,
(and if the tendency of npc killing is of your fancy, then know this. i like to make you work for it)
ive got about 7 years playing and dming various game systems, including pathfinder.
also when classes start on the 14th my free time will be less.

schedule would most likely be any weekday at 8.p.m central. once a week. 3 to 4 hour session.
the next weekday would be decided before session starts.
im also a fan of a session zero before hand that usually see's sometype of combat.

Jankin
July 23rd, 2017, 22:54
I would be up for this if the time was 2-3 hours earlier

Mats-Fu
July 24th, 2017, 04:03
I'm in!

If the following doesn't disrupt your game.

The time the game starts is 30 minutes before my kids go to bed. I'll be on time, just expect I might be AFK off and on for the first 30min.

Also, I'm totally new to using this Bulliten Board and Fantasy Grounds. I'm not completely computer illiterate, just don't know what I do to apply and hopefully get accepted next. I may also need time assistance with more complicated aspects of FG.

Cimera
July 24th, 2017, 04:19
Hello, I would also be interested if your still looking for players.

DraconosDeadman
July 24th, 2017, 05:51
hey all who are following this post, so far ive got 3 people in this group, of which i only need one more and then ill get to putting writing down on when we can get together for a session zero( virtually wow) any help required with fg login can be done over the Discord server, of which ill share access to. also i have a facebook group for everyone i dm for that you can join.
this is where ill usually post updates to games, current going on's in the world and jokes.

DraconosDeadman
July 26th, 2017, 06:04
Are there still people interested?

NekoPix
July 26th, 2017, 06:42
id like to play im on pst time i get home about 7pm

Uraence
July 26th, 2017, 06:55
If you still have room I'm game. 8pm shouldn't be an issue, but I'm usually completely "family free" after 9pm CST.

I've played every edition and every class so I enjoy it all and can fill in any roll needed.