PDA

View Full Version : Deleted encounter from SKT

Eskazen
July 23rd, 2017, 00:57
By accident i have deleted one of encounters from list and i don't know how i can get it back (I'm still learning how to use this program)
Is there any way to retrieve it ?

Andraax
July 23rd, 2017, 01:00
Reset the module from the library directory. (Right click on the module and select reset.)

Eskazen
July 23rd, 2017, 01:02
Fixed. Big thanks for help ^^

ddavison
July 23rd, 2017, 01:45
Just be careful with that because reverting a module will revert all changes you may have made to the module so far.

Nickademus
July 23rd, 2017, 01:49
If you are feeling brave, you can go into the moduledb folder of your campaign, find the SKT xml file, open it in a word processor, and try to find the line that 'deletes' the encounter. Deletions to modules are actually lines of code telling FG to ignore the thing. It's still there and you can remove that line of code to cause FG to see it again.

Eskazen
July 23rd, 2017, 01:56
Thanks for info lucky me we just started to play so we are at beginning Reset at this point of game didn't hurt me.
Good to know there is other way just in case. To be 100% secured for the future if i will change that specific deletion line of code in xml can it affect the game itself ? Like crushing ?

Nickademus
July 23rd, 2017, 02:02
You will want to close FG down and make a backup of your campaign first, just in case. But if you were several months into a game with a lot of modifications, it would probably be the better choice.

Eskazen
July 23rd, 2017, 02:07
Good to know, thanks again