PDA

View Full Version : Installed FG via Steam and have a couple of questions

Neq_64
July 22nd, 2017, 23:08
Hello together,

I had some experience with Roll20 but as I watched tutorials (especially as I begun to interest for 5e encouraged by critical role videos) I found the same stuff about FG and - because I like all RPG stuff which is doing some automising for me like e.g. Heros Lab, - I found that FG is the better alternative for me.

So I installed on Thursday the demo version,and one hour later I bought first the standard license via Steam, then I upgraded to the Ultimate license.

I bought some 5e Stuff (5e: Core Class Pack, SwordCoast) and the SW Ruleset with additional Beats and barbarian Golden Book, Deadlands Reloaded Marshel an Players Book and Knights without armor

After some trouble with upgrading the extensions and moduls (Like some others wrote here in the forum I thought that it is sufficient to have a steam account and that the upgrading is done via this steam login). But after some triel and error with upgrading and setting and registering me in this forum too all moduls are shown in my FG library. And transfering own tokens into FG folders functions very well too.

But I have still the following questions:

a) I installed FG on an imac, it seems that steam is doing the connection to OS via this wine stuff and it works, but working with the mouse is realy realy difficult. The click point is about a cm away from where it should be. Is this a known issue and if yes has someone an idea how to fix this?

b) I am very sure that as I tested yesterday during PC generation with a deadlands scenario the archetype button and saw some archetypes like "Gunman" (so special Deadlands Stuff) but as I wanted to create today more PCs the only available archetypes are the ones from the SW deluxe modul. The other modules are open but neither for deadlands (Player and Marshal Books open) nor for the Beast and barbarian moduls any archetypes are shown. Have I only dreamed that I have seen this Gunman Stuff? :)

In the tutorials I often see that it is switched between Player and Master, can I do that with a normal (ultimate) license too or do I need more software for this?

Best regards
Neq

Zacchaeus
July 23rd, 2017, 00:18
If you are using a mac then you should not be purchasing DLC from Steam since the won't work. You should purchase DLC from the Smiteworks store. I suggest that you send an email to [email protected] and explain the position and hopefully they can get you sorted out.

ddavison
July 23rd, 2017, 01:49
Zacchaues, that is no longer accurate. You can purchase any DLC you want on Steam regardless of whether you run on Mac or Windows. The new Manage options under Purchases will allow you to link your Steam account to your FG forum account for both Windows and Mac.

For the Mouse, we have seen this before but were not able to track it down to the exact source. There are a few things you might try.
1. Restore the screensize down by right-clicking on an empty part of the FG desktop area and choose Restore Window. Then, manually drag the window from the bottom right corner to fill the space you need on your monitor or monitors. See if the mouse tracks properly for you there.
2. Try using a USB 3-button mouse and preferably one with a mouse wheel.

Zacchaeus
July 23rd, 2017, 10:49
Zacchaues, that is no longer accurate. You can purchase any DLC you want on Steam regardless of whether you run on Mac or Windows. The new Manage options under Purchases will allow you to link your Steam account to your FG forum account for both Windows and Mac.

Noted. This is why I shouldn't get involved in questions regarding things I know nothing about :)

Neq_64
July 23rd, 2017, 12:36
Hello together,

Thx very much for the advices. I tried the restore strategy which is not so easy because the mouse symbol is not changing when going to an edge of the window, so the last days I used only the full screen window (which was not so nice because the macro row on the bottom of the windows was not visible) and today after some trials I was able to adjust the window and the mouse functions very smooth and exactly now :) :thumbs: