PDA

View Full Version : Familiars

Dax Doomslayer
July 22nd, 2017, 01:50
Hi Folks,
I'm trying to attach a link to the Owl entry for my Wizard's familiar. I may be totally obtuse but I can't seem to find a spot to do so. I guess my question is: can this be done so I don't have to actually look it up in the book? Or is the only place to do this in say the combat tracker or something. It's probably a pretty easy thing and I'm just missing it I'm sure. Thanks!!

Moon Wizard
July 22nd, 2017, 02:25
If you're looking for a simple link to review the creature record, you can drop the link into a player note, or onto the hot key bar, from the PHB.
If you need the specific instance of the owl for combat rolls, then it would need to be in the combat tracker and shared.

Regards,
JPG

Dax Doomslayer
July 22nd, 2017, 02:30
Thanks Moon. I've tried to drop the MM entry for Owl into the Notes tab; Notes section and it does not drag and drop...

Moon Wizard
July 22nd, 2017, 02:56
Not the Notes section on the PC sheet (which only accepts text), but creating a Note record and placing it there with any other links you want to track for yourself.

Regards,
JPG

Nilram the Grey
July 24th, 2017, 04:49
Dax,

I have found it very effective and simple to create a custom NPC for things like horses and familiars. For a horse I just drag the riding horse and drop it back on the NPC list. This creates another horse entry that isn't part of the MM. Then I customize that entry. For character horses I commonly give the horse the name given by the PC. I then fix the hp to whatever value the horse has so it is constant. I will often collect all the parties mounts in an encounter and bind that to a hot key by dragging and dropping the encounter on a hot key slot. Then it is a button push to pull up the encounter and a button push to add the horses to the CT.

Dax Doomslayer
July 24th, 2017, 23:51
Hmmm - I'm not following this Moon. I still somewhat new so it's probably just my stupidity - lol. I do appreciate the response. Nilram, that's a good suggestion for the familiar itself. Thanks.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 00:20
Hmmm - I'm not following this Moon.
Moon Wizard is suggesting, as a player create a new entry in the campaign Notes list - click the "Notes" button in the sidebar on the right side of the desktop to get the campaign Notes list. Then drag NPC links (and other links if you want) to the note record you've just created.

Here's a screenshot from Call of Cthulhu where the player has created a notes record called "01 - Part 1" (where they put links for part 1 of the adventure) and they've dragged links to images, other notes and NPCs.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19933

JaymieCarreras
July 25th, 2017, 13:52
All these (https://winatslotmachine.com/) responds are pretty useful for such newbie as I am.
thanks for it and have a nice day!
Cheers

Nylanfs
July 25th, 2017, 14:42
Welcome to the forums and FG community Jaymie