PDA

View Full Version : Why are the search and filter features on the store so broken?

InfinitePudding
July 20th, 2017, 21:59
How do I find what I am looking for if this thing doesn't even work?

LordEntrails
July 20th, 2017, 22:02
Welcome to the forums. Sorry you are having trouble.

What are you trying to do? The filters in the store are working for me.

InfinitePudding
July 20th, 2017, 22:19
Well, when I try searching for something with text, I get stuff back that doesn't even seem to be related. And the filter stops working partway through the search sometimes. I want to find all the rule books for D&D 5E but when I put in the system in the filtr, D&D 5e and then the product type Rules it comes back with nothing. Same with core. It's really annoying.

Zacchaeus
July 20th, 2017, 22:19
Hello infinatepudding welcome to the forums.

When searching for something you can just type in the name into the search box and then click on the magnifying glass to make the search. However that has the same limitations as any search if you don't know the exact name of the product for example. A better method is to click on the drop down menu and then filter the search by product type, ruleset of publisher or a combination one 2 or more. When you have filled in your filters then click on the search button at the bottom of that window (not on the magnifying glass at the top).

If you are still having difficulties perhaps you could tell us what you are searching for and we will be able to give you some more precise help.

Nylanfs
July 20th, 2017, 22:21
What browser are you using?

Trenloe
July 20th, 2017, 22:29
I want to find all the rule books for D&D 5E but when I put in the system in the filtr, D&D 5e and then the product type Rules it comes back with nothing.
"Ruleset" is not a RPG rules product (in terms of PHB, DMG, MM, etc.), it's the framework within FG for a specific set of rules. As Fantasy Grounds comes with the D&D 5E ruleset as standard (you don't need to purchase it), you won't find a "ruleset" for 5E in the store, but you will find the rulebooks under the Accessory product type.

Go with Filter BY Game System = D&D 5th edition and Filter by Product Type = Accessory to see the main D&D 5E products.

LordEntrails
July 21st, 2017, 03:30
I filter by publisher (Wizards of the Coast) rather than by Game System, but they will both get you the same results.

InfinitePudding
July 21st, 2017, 05:55
Thanks everyone. And sorry I didn't respond for so long. I was in my first one shot. :) We just barely managed to finish the dungeon.