PDA

View Full Version : Disable 7e Ruleset automation

Geldentwertung
July 20th, 2017, 21:57
Hello,

is it possible to disable the automation for the charsheets? Some values are autocalculated and not changeable which makes it hard to play with houserules. I found workarounds for most stuff I needed, but I found no way to change the max HP value. I tried to change it in my campaigns db.xml file but that didn't seem to work. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Tried to change the following entry in a charsheet:

<derived>
<maxhp type="number">20</maxhp>
</derived>

Another question I have is: Is it possible to use the Fantasy Grounds Standard Theme somehow?

Thanks in advance!

Geldentwertung

Moon Wizard
July 21st, 2017, 03:11
It looks like you tried to edit the db.xml file directly. I'm not that familiar with the ruleset, but I assume that anything stored under the derived tag is auto-calculated from other fields when you open the sheet. So, you won't be able to override by changing the underlying data; it will just get changed back. To be able to manually change, the ruleset creator would have to allow adjustments or manual editing, or someone could write a ruleset extension to override.

On the theme, each ruleset defines a default theme, and the theme can only be overriden by an extension specifically coded to override the theme in that ruleset.

Regards,
JPG