PDA

View Full Version : Building Druid's Wildshape into the Character sheet?

Darker_Homes
July 19th, 2017, 19:44
The only post I can find about this is 2 years old, so I am hoping there is a more refined way to do this by now.

Basically two of my players are now playing as Circle of the Moon druids, which means combat wildshape into Brown Bear all the time, and in later levels, all sorts of other things. I am currently having to drop the NPC token onto the map/combat tracker and then let them roll. The issue is this doesn't do it automatically, because it's me that is in command of the NPC, so damage calculations have to be done manually. Not a big deal really, but I am hoping there is a way I can add something into the character sheet. When they click on it, their character sheet updates with the attacks of the animal/movement speed etc. so it's all automated.

Is this possible, or will they just have to open up the stat-block for the bear every time?

Zacchaeus
July 19th, 2017, 19:58
To give the Player's an NPC first put the NPC on the Combat Tracker; then make the NPC friendly; then drag the NPC from the Combat Tracker to the map. Now drag the NPC from the Combat Tracker (the little icon on the far right of the NPC entry) and drop it on the player. The Player will now have full control of the NPC and all of it's targetting, attacks save etc.

The post you were looking at (any any other you find) will also have said that another method of handling this is to create a Player Character for the beast. This is my preferred method since you can give the beast all of the correct statistics and all of the correct actions, racial traits proficiencies etc etc.

Some further light reading :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26272-Druid-wildshape-attacks-and-effects
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23793-Any-easy-way-to-handle-druid-Battle-Wild-Shape-(circle-of-the-moon)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25638-How-do-you-swap-stats-for-Druids-using-Wildshape

Darker_Homes
July 19th, 2017, 20:05
You are a beautiful Immortal Deity <3 That is so much easier. Thank you! This will make combat much more manageable! (I also love that you are from my Homeland, there is a pint waiting for you in any pub should you wish to claim it!)

DragonsDen13
July 23rd, 2017, 19:15
I use a different variation for my shapeshifting druid that seems to work pretty well for me.
I created a power on my action tab and set up an effect that adjusts all of my physical stats to reflect the shape I am in: form of Brown Bear; STR: 7; DEX: -5; CON: 2; AC: -1 (something like this set to self only and adjusting the time to reflect character level, as well as anything else that needs to be adjusted)
I then created a second effect that adds temporary hit points to my character to reflect the shapes hitpoints. The down side to this part is that all damage done to you is shown as absorbed and heal spells have to be manually added to the temporary health.
Then I just set up the attacks and damage as you would for anything else.
This means that all the DM has to do is drop an appropriate token onto my CT character and it changes on the map automatically and then I can resize it to reflect the large size of the shape. When I shift out of form, the token just gets switched back.