PDA

View Full Version : Tab out of view

GR0PED
July 18th, 2017, 23:38
Hey guys im on Windows 10 been having some weird problems with updates recently and somehow ended up a whole update ahead of all my players (10 of them).. Who were unable to update to be on the same version as my self ~ None the less with a bit more wait time they are still able to join the game..

What i am not able to work around is the most recent update has cut my toolbar on the bottom out of view and no matter what i try to get it in view it doesn't work.. Tried resizing and moving from maxamize to restore window.. Changing the ui scaling etc ~ not sure what to try next :S

LordEntrails
July 18th, 2017, 23:59
Are you on Live or Test? There was a known issue with the test build up until an hour or two ago when a new test build should have resolved this.

If you are on Live, can you post a screen shot? And have you verified that you have no extensions enabled?

Zacchaeus
July 19th, 2017, 00:16
Sounds like you are on the test version. You can go into settings and select the tick box next to live and revert to live version which is likely the version your players are on.

GR0PED
July 19th, 2017, 00:52
Looks like i did indeed accidentally put it on test mode :S thanks again ! Just updating everything then will see if it all works fine :)

GR0PED
July 19th, 2017, 01:18
Finish updating everything again after switching back to live (Which seems to have fixed the version problem) but still can't see the toolbar that i was able to a day ago on the bottom of the screen https://imgur.com/a/siMrb

edit: just got a player to join and it came up with "Host (3.3.2) is running different version than client (3.3.1)." again despite being in live mode now.. and apparently they are having a big download now too.

Zacchaeus
July 19th, 2017, 01:58
3.2.2 is the current test version. So you are still on test. I don't think the live version has had a big update for a while so unless you haven't all played for a while not sure what they may be downloading.

LordEntrails
July 19th, 2017, 02:38
3.3.2 is the test version (Ha, I cursed you when I said 3.2.2 last week by mistake) (See test thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39182-Test-Release-v3-3-2&goto=newpost).)

But yes, if it is saying you are on 3.3.2 then you are on test. Make sure you say Live and then run an update.

GR0PED
July 19th, 2017, 07:07
Despite my attempts to change version in the settings, it still says 3.3.2 on the home page.

I assume i have been on test mode since i started playing and turned it on by accident a while ago :S which would explain the big update to load up all the live material ? I am running premade campaigns at the moment would i be able to just copy the adventure out of the folder then do an uninstall/reinstall then just pop it back it to restore all the characters created ?

Zacchaeus
July 19th, 2017, 10:34
Yes you could back up the campaign and re-install. However I'm curious as to why you can't change back to live mode. All it requires is the 'Live' check box to be ticked and then press OK. What happens when you do that; does it go through and check for updates and update the various rulesets and other modules? It might be that you have something in your rulesets folder that should be there. Check for any folders in your rulesets folder or any duplicate entries or any .tmp files. If you find any delete them, make sure the live box is ticked and click ok to do an update.

GR0PED
July 19th, 2017, 11:34
Looking through the folders i do not see any duplicate entries.. But when i switched to live mode the first time it did go through all the updates for various modules.. Also every time i go into settings its marked as live now.. But it remains on the test version of the game rather than the live version ~

Zacchaeus
July 19th, 2017, 12:05
Try going into the store and click on downloads at the top right, select 'All licences and subscriptions' and download and then run the installer.

Trenloe
July 19th, 2017, 14:41
To clarify: does the main launch screen show v3.3.2 but the ruleset version in the chat window shows v3.3.0?

If so, see Wrong Fantasy Grounds Version here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-3-0-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

GR0PED
July 19th, 2017, 23:45
Uninstalled it and left it reinstalling during the day then dropped the adventure back in ^^; so thanks guys its all fixed now not sure what the ruleset version