PDA

View Full Version : Creating a new character sheet, Tales fron the Loop

Metzik
July 18th, 2017, 19:55
Hi guys!
I'm trying to create a new character sheet for Tales from the Loop in CoreRPG but I'm stuck. Is it possible to create the tickable squares for Experience, Luck Points and the one for Pride?
I'm trying with CoreRpg since Ianward created something similar for Mutant: Year Zero with it.

https://frialigan.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/charactersheet_eng.pdf

LordEntrails
July 18th, 2017, 20:23
It's all possible. Just not easy for those of us who are not software developers. In general I would reccomend you try to find what you want in another ruleset and then look into the code to figure it out.

I've been working on a character sheet for Star Frontiers. You can see what questions I've asked and the answers etc here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38783-Questions-on-Creating-Custom-Character-Sheet-(CoreRPG)

Metzik
July 21st, 2017, 11:32
Nice, I'll check it out! Would it also be possible to create a character sheet that graphically looks exactly as the one from the system I choose?

LordEntrails
July 21st, 2017, 12:53
Nice, I'll check it out! Would it also be possible to create a character sheet that graphically looks exactly as the one from the system I choose?
Sure, it's more work as you will have to make all of the graphical elements yourself. And you may want to look into creating a complete theme at that point so our character sheet doesn't clash with the rest of the graphics. Their is a post with a list of 5E art assets that may help, the the 5E resources sticky if you go that route.

Griogre
July 21st, 2017, 18:20
Would it also be possible to create a character sheet that graphically looks exactly as the one from the system I choose?

While it is possible to create an exact duplicate sheet, you usually don't want to. The problem is that printed sheet is in much higher resolution than the character sheet will be. This means an exact duplicate sheet will be very large - length by width on the screen - to the extent it might not fit on screen on a laptop or the fields on the sheet will be very tiny, possibly unreadable. This is why most rulesets use multiple tabs for their character sheets. I'm not familiar with Tale from the Loop, but take a look at how the character sheets are put together in other systems.