PDA

View Full Version : Best way to use part of locked purchased content?

Trazzm
July 17th, 2017, 23:16
I purchased the module "Scourge of the Sword Coast" because I wanted to use some of the maps and other content in my campaign. I was trying to figure out the best way to only bring in the content I want and the only way I could see was to import it into my campaign and then delete the parts of the content I don't want to keep. Is there any other way to do it? I know that with many modules you can extract the content from the mod file, but not the WOTC content, it is all password protected.

Also, where is a good stock copy of the ogl to include in modules?

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
July 18th, 2017, 00:33
Hi Trazzm welcome to FG.

You can't access the content from any modules since they are all protected. You can open them in your own campaign and use whatever bits that you want.

With 5e the SRD is included in Fantasy Grounds as three modules. Is that what you mean by 'stock copy'?

Trazzm
July 18th, 2017, 00:36
Thanks for the reply Zacchaeus! I was just trying to figure out how to keep my modules small by minimizing what I pull in from content I purchased. I guess the process of deleting what I don't want after including it is the only option.

I meant some cleanly formatted version of the OGL to include in my modules as 'stock copy'.

Trenloe
July 18th, 2017, 00:41
Get the OGL from the 5E SRD here: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd

Trazzm
July 18th, 2017, 02:29
Get the OGL from the 5E SRD here: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd

Thanks!

LordEntrails
July 18th, 2017, 02:47
Note that since you are asking about the OGL and using some WotC owned content I thought it worth mentioning.

You can not redistribute content (especially artwork like maps) from purchased WotC content in any means, including in a module you create.

Not sure that's what you want to do, but thought it worth pointing it out.

Barbara6
September 19th, 2017, 03:35
:bandit:these replies are very useful.

LordEntrails
September 19th, 2017, 04:55
:bandit:these replies are very useful.
Welcome to the forums :)