PDA

View Full Version : IFt and IF is not working in pathfinder ?

vyruxx
July 17th, 2017, 20:13
Hi is not working the effect IFt and IF in the offical pathfinder uleset?
for example: IFT; giant ; DMG: +1 ; ATK:+1?
sorry to my bad english

Zacchaeus
July 17th, 2017, 20:20
You need IFT: TYPE(giant); DMG: +1; ATK: +1

vyruxx
July 17th, 2017, 20:26
sorry but is not working IFT: TYPE(giant); DMG: +1; ATK: +1

Trenloe
July 17th, 2017, 20:40
IFT effects don't apply their modifier directly to the final result of the dice roll shown in the chat window - this is because there may be multiple targets and not all targets might be giants (in this example). However, the effect will be taken into effect in the hit/miss calculation against relevant targets. Check the attack string in the chat window and you should see [EFFECTS +1] for the effect mentioned above if attacking a target with the giants type.

If this is still not working, please provide a screenshot of Fantasy Grounds showing the Combat Tracker, the effects you have in place and the attack roll in the chat window.

vyruxx
July 17th, 2017, 20:55
iam seeing that Dmg is apply but not ATK.

Trenloe
July 17th, 2017, 21:19
As I said in post#4 above, IFT attack effects do not modify the attack dice, they show as [EFFECTS +1] (or whatever the effect modifier is) and the FG hit/miss calculation takes this effect into account. This is due to multiple targets or drag/drop results needing to have the base attack result.

Your screenshot shows that the attack is taking the [EFFECTS +1] into account. The base roll, without the effect, was 12. The attack line shows Attack [13]... which has the +1 effect applied. It is this 13 that is used to report hit/miss vs the targets AC.

This is working correctly.

vyruxx
July 17th, 2017, 21:29
ohhh thanks a lot Trenloe !!! really thank you.

Eternall
February 9th, 2019, 20:05
Hi,
I have this issue with gnoll type .
I tried the same effect with other types like elf, goblinoid and it worked. But it doen't work with gnoll.
maybe i wrote it wrong ?

Moon Wizard
February 10th, 2019, 20:04
Does the target creature have "gnoll" in it's Type field (if NPC) or Race field (if PC)?

Regards,
JPG

wakhere
September 25th, 2020, 21:44
i have Coded "Dwarfdef; IFT:TYPE:(giant);AC :+5 dodge" but it does not appear to work.
i am expecting DEF EFFECTS +5 on the results field but I see nothing...
the attack is a standard OGRE...
i have used port evil "Prot Evil; IFT:ALIGN:(evil);AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance" and that works fine

what am I missing ?

darrenan
September 25th, 2020, 21:47
remove the '+'? "Dwarfdef; IFT: TYPE(giant); AC: 5 dodge" should be the correct effect.

wakhere
September 25th, 2020, 21:48
i have Coded "Dwarfdef; IFT: TYPE: (giant); AC :+5 dodge" but it does not appear to work.
i have used port evil "Prot Evil; IFT: ALIGN: (evil); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance" and that works fine

what am I missing ? " {" and ":" equal smiley face.... tried again with spaces

wakhere
September 25th, 2020, 21:50
removed the "+" makes no difference

wakhere
September 25th, 2020, 21:52
Code now reads "Dwarfdef; IFT: TYPE: (giant); AC : 5 dodge" still does nothing

wakhere
September 25th, 2020, 21:58
Dwarfdef; IFT: TYPE(giant); AC: 5 dodge aha removed the colon between type and giant..
it works....
thanks

Kelrugem
September 25th, 2020, 22:00
i have Coded "Dwarfdef; IFT:TYPE:(giant);AC :+5 dodge" but it does not appear to work.
i have used port evil "Prot Evil; IFT:ALIGN:(evil);AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance" and that works fine

what am I missing ?

Do not use colons after TYPE etc :) So, IFT: ALIGN(evil) and IFT: TYPE(giant) and so on :)

EDIT: oh, I didn't see all your other answers :D So, you already have solved it :)

wakhere
September 25th, 2020, 22:41
sorry sytax again probably i said prot evil was working but it is always on regardless of align
code "Prot Evil; IFT ALIGN (evil); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance"

i cant see what I've done wrong

Kelrugem
September 25th, 2020, 22:50
sorry sytax again probably i said prot evil was working but it is always on regardless of align
code "Prot Evil; IFT ALIGN (evil); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance"

i cant see what I've done wrong

Now you forgot the colon after IFT :)

IFT: ALIGN(evil); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance

wakhere
September 25th, 2020, 22:54
thanks. i feel like a real idiot.....i wish the parser would complain and put some feedback when it doesn't like my spelling...

Kelrugem
September 25th, 2020, 22:56
thanks. i feel like a real idiot.....i wish the parser would complain and put some feedback when it doesn't like my spelling...

No worries, one gets quickly used to it with some exercise :)

Terminsel
September 26th, 2020, 16:17
I was looking more closely at my IFT effects today and they seem ok for an attack, however, they don't seem to apply to the second crit confirmation attack (Attack: Critical confirm setting is turned on) that is rolled if a crit threat is initially rolled.
Note: I set the Crit threat range to "10-20" for testing so I wouldn't have to roll forever. Therefore, where you see [CRIT 10] and crit confirmation attempts on values below 20 it's because I expanded the threat range for testing.

These are the results I see on a roll that is a crit threat when using IFT with no other attack or damage effects active except the IFT I list below:

My effect:
Favored enemy (Dragon); IFT: TYPE (dragon); ATK: 2; DMG: 2

The attack:
Attack text plus Dice Bubble Numbers in italics: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [CRIT 10]; 15 + 14 29
Results text line: Attack [31] -> [at Dragon, White (Adult)][EFFECTS +2][CRITICAL THREAT]

So far so good. IFT worked whereby even though the die roll bubble text showed a total of 29, the results text output showed an actual number of 31 and included the +2 effect.

The confirmation roll
Attack text plus Dice Bubble Numbers in italics: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [CRIT 10][CONFIRM]; 8 + 14 22
Results text line: Attack [22] -> [at Dragon, White (Adult)][CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]

In the confirmation roll, I don't see the EFFECTS +2 in the Results text line and the actual reported result total attack number is the same as the chat bubble reported total attack number (22). Thus it seems that the IFT effect did not apply to the confirmation roll.

Are confirmation rolls not strictly considered attack rolls then (in the programming sense)?
Does the effect therefore need to also include "CC: 2"? When trying CC: 2 within the same effect, it seems to work, although it reflects the correct total in the dice bubble as well as the results text with a displayed effect of [CONFIRM +2]. It also only triggers it appropriately on the same type of creature applicable to the effect but not crit threats on other types because it is still within the IFT statement.

Phixation
September 26th, 2020, 16:24
theres no + in any effects... would be

Dwarfdef; IFT: TYPE (giant); AC: 5, dodge

Kelrugem
September 26th, 2020, 22:00
I was looking more closely at my IFT effects today and they seem ok for an attack, however, they don't seem to apply to the second crit confirmation attack (Attack: Critical confirm setting is turned on) that is rolled if a crit threat is initially rolled.
Note: I set the Crit threat range to "10-20" for testing so I wouldn't have to roll forever. Therefore, where you see [CRIT 10] and crit confirmation attempts on values below 20 it's because I expanded the threat range for testing.

These are the results I see on a roll that is a crit threat when using IFT with no other attack or damage effects active except the IFT I list below:

My effect:
Favored enemy (Dragon); IFT: TYPE (dragon); ATK: 2; DMG: 2

The attack:
Attack text plus Dice Bubble Numbers in italics: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [CRIT 10]; 15 + 14 29
Results text line: Attack [31] -> [at Dragon, White (Adult)][EFFECTS +2][CRITICAL THREAT]

So far so good. IFT worked whereby even though the die roll bubble text showed a total of 29, the results text output showed an actual number of 31 and included the +2 effect.

The confirmation roll
Attack text plus Dice Bubble Numbers in italics: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [CRIT 10][CONFIRM]; 8 + 14 22
Results text line: Attack [22] -> [at Dragon, White (Adult)][CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]

In the confirmation roll, I don't see the EFFECTS +2 in the Results text line and the actual reported result total attack number is the same as the chat bubble reported total attack number (22). Thus it seems that the IFT effect did not apply to the confirmation roll.

Are confirmation rolls not strictly considered attack rolls then (in the programming sense)?
Does the effect therefore need to also include "CC: 2"? When trying CC: 2 within the same effect, it seems to work, although it reflects the correct total in the dice bubble as well as the results text with a displayed effect of [CONFIRM +2]. It also only triggers it appropriately on the same type of creature applicable to the effect but not crit threats on other types because it is still within the IFT statement.

Yes, the CC is not correctly affected by ATK effects in an IFT effect at the moment sadly, reported by Svandal e.g. here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38100-Official-Pathfinder-Modules-Bug-Report-Thread&p=539051&viewfull=1#post539051

I believe that this is target to be fixed, because there are some problems with CC and manual rolls, too :)

PS: Yes, effects of ATK and DMG which only apply to certain targets are only shown in the "applied to" messages; imagine you have multiple targets, then you do not want that the base roll is affected :) (not impossible, but then one needs to subtract the bonus for certain targets again, also not intuitive :) )

Kelrugem
September 26th, 2020, 22:03
What you may be able to do is:

IFT: TYPE(dragon); ATK: 2; DMG: 2; CC: 2

(so, an extra effect for the CC to take account of that atk loss; but make sure to remove that part when the ATK gets fixed :D)

dellanx
September 28th, 2020, 05:08
iam seeing that Dmg is apply but not ATK.

IFT: TYPE(giant); ATK: +2; DMG: +2
works for me

dellanx
September 28th, 2020, 05:40

what am I missing ?

Try

IF: giant; AC: +5 dodge

Then attack with the giant, should see a [+4 defensive effect]