PDA

View Full Version : slow running over time on multiple PCs

sarm11111
July 17th, 2017, 05:29
I have had a problem over two PCs were FG slows right down to the point that typing in a seach in items or spells and it takes seconds for each letter to come up. There are Long delays in opening and closing boxes maps ect..general slow down. It reminds me of my old 486. I thought it might have been my i7 6700 laptop ASUS ROG 8g mem 960 Vid since I was running two external monitors and its own display as well as a browser in background and Syrinscape. This being said the system should have been plenty powerfull but the vidio card may have been over taxed (thou i doubt it). Well i had a HDD crash and bought a new desktop PC i7-770o 32gme and 1080ti vidcard. and im still getting a slow down. I would guess its some type of stack overflow or file limitation size thing but havent found any ref to it.

Is this a thing? A brand new almost top line gaming PC should not even change temp running this but im waiting on things to load and type and i shouldnt. it happens in both games im DMing, one online and one where we use mine and one other PC to a table with Monitor in it as a (local IP game) to simply use the maping tools and paid 5e Content, so its not the iternet or the amount of players.

rob2e
July 17th, 2017, 07:46
I don't know if this is your issue, but in case it is... If you have an NVidia video card, open the NVidia control panel and add Fantasy Grounds to it choosing NVidia high performance as the preferred graphics processor. This fixed that EXACT problem you stated (for me).

IrishBouzouki
July 17th, 2017, 13:45
nevermind, sorry

Gwydion
July 17th, 2017, 13:53
I don't know if this is your issue, but in case it is... If you have an NVidia video card, open the NVidia control panel and add Fantasy Grounds to it choosing NVidia high performance as the preferred graphics processor. This fixed that EXACT problem you stated (for me).

I think Rob's comment worked for me and I'm kicking myself as I swear I had it set that way before but just checked and it isn't now. In my case, my game yesterday was running extremely slow. All the graphics were taking forever. So, this morning I did three things. First, I updated my nividia graphics driver. Second, I went into my graphics driver panel and made sure fantasy grounds was set to use the nvidia graphics driver. Third, I put the graphics driver settings consistent with this thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37907-Laggy-Choppy-Dice-animations&highlight=nvidia

I need to test more tonight, but I think that worked for me. Will have to really test out in a live game before I report though. Good luck!

sarm11111
July 17th, 2017, 19:06
Thanks for the advise. I'll did it and will see Sat (next game) and see if it works. Thank you ahead of time for answering

Seeing as it's not a motion game would triple buffering be advantageous?