PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 5e group to adventure with and Hero across the lands

Ross G.
July 16th, 2017, 18:52
Hi, my name is Ross I am looking for a group to enjoy playing 5e with. I am flexible on the frequency of the game and I enjoy using a voice for my character. If you want a friendly fellow to add to your party send me a message and I will roll up a character. Thanks this is my first time on fantasy grounds so looking forward to checking that out.

cdhyanchand
July 16th, 2017, 20:22
Hi Ross. I'm Charles. I just got an Ultimate and I am looking people to play with also. I am in EDT and have availability in my schedule in during the week as well as some weekends. I am interested in DMing although being new to FG I am nervous about how smoothly that would go. But, I've got to learn sometime. I am all for using voice as well. My style is about 50/50 combat/RP with fun and challenging puzzles thrown in.

Let's build a party!

FYI- I've been to Koln. Beautiful!

Ross G.
July 16th, 2017, 20:26
Yes, let's do it an. I haven't paid yet. Any ideas on campaigns you want to try?

Ross G.
July 16th, 2017, 20:29
I like to roll my character up and have everything random then roleplay too while enjoying all the normal d&D stuff

cdhyanchand
July 16th, 2017, 20:42
I am flexible on the campaign. I haven't purchased any of the big WotC modules, but I may at some point. I would probably piece together a campaign from smaller adventures, one-shots, and ones that I have created myself. Most of my adventures start players at first level.

You can play with the demo version (since I have ultimate), but you don't get access to any of the 5e rules within the play which make life easier and are very useful for character building. I would recommend that you get at least the standard.

Now we need more players...

Ross G.
July 16th, 2017, 20:48
I am flexible on the campaign. I haven't purchased any of the big WotC modules, but I may at some point. I would probably piece together a campaign from smaller adventures, one-shots, and ones that I have created myself. Most of my adventures start players at first level.

You can play with the demo version (since I have ultimate), but you don't get access to any of the 5e rules within the play which make life easier and are very useful for character building. I would recommend that you get at least the standard.

Now we need more players...

Köln is really nice. I enjoy it. The weather has been mostly mild this summer which is unfortunate. I request Tyranny of Dragons, or something in the Underdark perhaps for fun. I like political intrigue. I know most of the 5e rules and have a book does that help? If I like it I will just buy the Ultimate too and move the campaigns I am running over from 5e.

cdhyanchand
July 16th, 2017, 22:34
I will check out ToD.

Ross G.
July 16th, 2017, 22:54
I like roleplaying my character was thinking a licentious dwarf who hits on all the fattest and ugliest ladies he can find. Or maybe a little mobster style gnome that speaks with a gangster accent and acts as a melee character. Mechanics wise always wanted to do a mage.

Uraence
July 17th, 2017, 04:39
I'd be happy to game with y'all if you have room still.

I'm free most nights after 9 pm CST till whenever.

I've played every edition of D&D, but not much 5E yet. I started in 4th grade when 1st and Basic were the only game in town. Yes, I'm dating myself there. :P

I enjoy all classes and can fill in with whatever role a party needs.

cdhyanchand
July 17th, 2017, 12:05
I think I learned basic in 5th grade so I am not far from you. I learned 2nd ed but then I took a long break from RPGs. Just got back to it and read up on the 5e rules (which I think are pretty great). Good to have you.

GunnarGreybeard
July 17th, 2017, 13:45
I like to roll my character up and have everything random then roleplay too while enjoying all the normal d&D stuff
Wow! You don't hear many players say that or maybe it's me running into way too many min/maxers out there these days. Although most of those were in face to face games. Only seen it a couple times in the people in the the FG community I've been exposed to. :cool:

Uraence
July 18th, 2017, 05:22
Is there anything specific we have to do to form our group on here? Keep in touch via the message boards or exchange messenger info?

GunnarGreybeard
July 18th, 2017, 06:07
Is there anything specific we have to do to form our group on here? Keep in touch via the message boards or exchange messenger info?
You can PM others through the message system here on the forums to organize something. Some people also create groups then direct others there to discuss forming a group. Most GM's will start a recruiting/interest thread and people will post there and follow up with that GM in whatever method he asks, PM, email, signing up on the calendar.

cdhyanchand
July 18th, 2017, 12:27
I would like run a one-shot (or maybe a two-shot) for us newbies to FG to get used to the mechanics and to meet each other. I would like to run this on this Friday 7PM EDT and Sunday 9AM EDT (I can be a little fxexible around these times) . If you guys are interested, PM me and I will send you the alias and password - also some background on the adventure. If you have already made a level 1 character great, otherwise you could do it on Friday.