PDA

View Full Version : Isometric map sample

Hobgob
February 1st, 2006, 03:17
Hello all-
I am rather new to the whole FG thing and it has been an intersting ride so far. I started out really wanting to be able to play Dungeons & Dragons with miniatures like I always have but to do so a top down view will just not suffice. I have managed to create an ISO map (of which this is a sample) and I am working on snapping photos of my own painted miniatures in a similar Isometric view for use on the map. I have found that I can place furniture in a token bag and thus make them also moveable/placeable so the party can push tables around as defenses when the hordes of Hobgoblins are about to swarm thier dungeon camp :eek: The red lines represent cut away portions of the wall that block too much of the floor tiles if left in place. Also note the brown rectangle across from the actual door, also a cut away view for the same reason.

https://www.instantaerial.com/Dungeon.png

devinnight
February 1st, 2006, 04:32
I think that is a cool idea, I have experimented with the idea, and have made two of my dungeons completely in 3D, it takes a lot of time. I didn't cut back the walls the way you did which is a good idea.
-D

richvalle
February 1st, 2006, 11:56
Wow, thats really cool.

That cut away part threw me till I figured out what it was. Very nice!

What do the figures look like?

rv

Morfedel
February 2nd, 2006, 00:51
What program did you use for that?

Hobgob
February 2nd, 2006, 04:06
Dundjinni, primarily using the stamp tool and placing tiles that were made with MSPaint and a couple of freeware programs. The final product is exported as a BMP file (a monsterous file size) where I touch up the messes and then save it as something more managable.

richvalle
February 2nd, 2006, 14:19
Is that a art set you have created yourself? I've not see those before.

rv

Hobgob
February 8th, 2006, 21:37
Is that a art set you have created yourself? I've not see those before.

rv

All of the actual tiles used in Dunjinni I made myself but the textures came from what I could find free in the internet.

ProfMarks
August 16th, 2007, 13:57
How do you handle the grid system or pacing / measurement in the game using the iso system?