PDA

View Full Version : Changing rulesets on a campaign??

Old Coast
February 1st, 2006, 00:06
Hi I created a campaign using the normal rules, I recently discovered and bought the DA SRDD20 I was wondering how I can replace the standard ruleset with the new one? I dont have to remake the whole campaign do I?

joshuha
February 1st, 2006, 00:45
In the campaign folder change the following line in the campaign.xml file. Since the base d20 and d20-SRD are pretty much compatible you should have no problems.

<ruleset name="d20-SRD" />

SurlyDwarf
February 1st, 2006, 01:11
What is the DA SRDD20? Why would you buy it and where does one get information on such things?

I am somewhat new to online PnP experience. I am currently struggling with a few concepts right now, I guess. I know I am an idealist, but I just want all my books in the tool. Until that happens, it is not quite the same and it never will be. (I know, I know... compromise. I said I was an idealist didn't I? :D )

Hi I created a campaign using the normal rules, I recently discovered and bought the DA SRDD20 I was wondering how I can replace the standard ruleset with the new one? I dont have to remake the whole campaign do I?

Old Coast
February 1st, 2006, 01:56
Josh- worked perfectly thanks!

Dwarf- its the full D20 SRD you need to buy it for $5 from digital adventures
it replaces the SRD that comes with FG, it's the "entire" reference SRD.

Salar
August 1st, 2006, 18:18
Hi all, I'm very, very new to this whole FG thang, so any help would be gratefully accepted. One question is...Did you use a dedicated XML editor?
John

joshuha
August 1st, 2006, 18:54
I use notepad. The only thing an XML editor really gives you (at least for Fantasy Grounds) is A) Color coded tags and B) Checks if each tag is closed. I believe there are free ones out there that do the above but notepad and using the Tab key for formatting have always worked for me.