PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF 5e anything late night 8 pm CST - New Player

Chad V
July 15th, 2017, 14:43
FG License: I just have the demo now, but am considering the standard license if I can find people to play with.
Time Zone: Central
Available time: Most weeknights, preferably Monday or Friday, though any weeknight after 8 pm CST will work. Weekend times can work too if I know ahead of time.
What I'm looking for: Pretty much anything 5e D&D, whether it be published material or homebrew. One-shot adventures would be nice to get a feel for Fantasy Grounds and the 5E mechanics. Long term I'd like to find a group of great people to play with on a regular basis.
I have discord for voice but would be willing to use whatever the group is using. I don't have video though at this time.

Game System Preferred: 5e D&D
Game System Experience: I played 3e and 3.5e in college. I want to get back into D&D with 5e. I have the core rulebooks and have read through most of them.
Character types: I enjoy playing pretty much anything. I don't mind filling out a group with whatever they need, whether it's a support type healer or an up front fighter. I just want to play at this point.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: None yet, though I'd like to try this. I may need a little help until I get the feel for it.

About me: Like I said before I played in college before life and career took over all my free time. I'm a working professional with a regular day job but don't mind staying up late to play. The late hours work for me because I have two young kids and my wife works third shift, so best time for me is after they go to bed. I had experience back in the day with DM'ing and playing, both in home campaigns and organized play (whatever the equivalent of the Adventurer's Guild was then).
I'm a very laid back guy and I like to think I'm easy to get along with. I play to have fun, and I think things work best when the group gets along. Humor is important to me when I play, so long as it doesn't slow the game down.
I am new to 5E and FG so hopefully there is a patient group that can guide me along a little.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Unitivebird
July 16th, 2017, 01:36
hi im new can i join whats host address is it ok to ask?

cdhyanchand
July 18th, 2017, 17:11
I am wanting to run a short adventure for 4-5 1st level characters on Friday 7PM EDT and Sunday 9AM EDT. SOunds like you may fit in well. This is mostly get more experience playing and DMing on FG. I have Ultimate so you can use the Demo. See this link for others who are interested:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39270-Looking-for-a-5e-group-to-adventure-with-and-Hero-across-the-lands

If this sounds good to you let me know and I will PM you the details.