PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 player Thursday Friday or Saturday PDT/GMT -7 Pathfinder

TheSimpleCyborg
July 15th, 2017, 07:23
FG License: Ultimate
Time Zone: PDT/GMT -7
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Saturday from 12:00 PM onward. Thursday and Friday from 2:30PM onward.
Term: Medium (something like a few months, year max) although if the group is a good match I'd love to find a long term group as well.
Voice: I currently use Discord though I'm willing to use something like Skype or any other voice software. I also don't mind using video messaging if the group wants to be able to see one another during play.

Game System Preferred: Pathfinder. Homerules are fine but I'd prefer if the setting was more based on Fantasy rather than Sci-fi or Steampunk or some other genre.
Game System Experience: I've played Pathfinder off and on for about 3.5 years, I feel comfortable with the rules but due to my previous IRL groups tendency to use homerules, I might ask for clarification every once in awhile to make sure I'm using the RAW rather than an old homerule accidentally.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: As of this moment, none. I am currently watching the tutorial videos on youtube and messing around with the software but I might have to ask for some help early on (I like to think of myself as a fast learner though when it comes to game software).

Character Type Preferred/Campaign Preference: I've run my fair share of classes although I usually gravitate towards spell-casters (either partial or full/arcane or divine) and have lately been interested in the Spontaneous variety. Generally though, I just like playing characters that are multi-faceted, and are good at one role but not complete slouches in others. In broader terms I tend to play characters with some type of mechanical or roleplaying hindrance as it allows me to give myself a possibly motivation or role-playing starting point for the character. I've had terrible experiences trying to powergame seriously in the past so while I do like to be somewhat competent in both combat and social interactions, I shy away from the most optimized of builds. I tend to play characters that are NG/LN/CN/CG though I (assuming the GM would allow it) wouldn't mind running a LE character. As far as campaigns go, I'm not adverse to running APs (I've tried to DM RotRL so the story is spoiled for me if that matters) but I have more experience in playing in homebrew settings, so that is certainly on the table as well (if it is possible I'd definitely like it if there was a primer of some sorts or the GM to be willing to answer some lore questions so my character won't be too out of place in the world.) I prefer a good balance between combat and RP (anywhere between 50:50 to 40:60 respectively) and I'd prefer campaigns that are not completely silly in nature (although humor is always appreciated I do like a bit of seriousness every now and then).

About me:

Hi there! My name is Adam and I'm 25. I've unfortunately jumped into tabletop rpgs a little later in life at the age of 20 and have been playing Pathfinder for a good majority of that time (some other systems I've tried are Savage Worlds, D&D 3.5e, 4e, 5e, SW:The Edge of the Empire, Dungeon Worlds, and am currently in Runequest 6 campaign with my IRL group that meets Sundays.) although I've been a fan of the idea for a long time, usually playing RPG videogames as a stand-in. I am currently pursuing a Masters in Medical Health Science with the intention of getting a medical degree afterwards. In my free time, I like to read graphic novels, fiction, and non-fiction (particularly history), I also like to binge Netflix shows, discover new musical artists, and as previously mentioned, play video games. I love meeting people and sharing stories or discussing a myriad of topics and hopefully we can have some great conversations in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I look forward to meeting you soon.