PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with demo mode

the dirty fecker
July 13th, 2017, 15:51
I have a full licence as GM but my players only have free licences as players. When they join the game it runs in demo mode.

What significance is this?

Why would they want to buy a full licence? What are we losing?

dulux-oz
July 13th, 2017, 16:01
Hi DF,

Players need a Full License (or better) to connect to a GM with a Full License. If the GM has an Ultimate License then the players only need a Demo/Free License (or better) to connect to the GM.

Erin Righ
July 13th, 2017, 18:09
If you have an Ultimate licence, there is no reason for your players to upgrade from free, there is no change in functionality on the free client for a player, just a GM

Talyn
July 14th, 2017, 01:54
Why would they want to buy a full licence?

To support SmiteWorks? To open up their own playing options instead of limiting themselves to GMs who have an Ultimate license? To not be moochers who make their GM "friend" spend all his money on an Ultimate license then do all the game prep and all the hard work too? Need I go on? :) ie. pretty much the same reasons they'd buy a Players Handbook or whatever rulebook for whatever RPG you'd play face to face.

As the others above me mentioned, your Full license allows you to GM for other Full+ license players and also play on any GMs table. The Ultimate license is a GM license and allows that GM to host an entire table full of demo license players.

I'm told that technically you can have a single demo license player at your table as long as he's alone. The moment a Full+ license player connects, the moocher is booted.