PDA

View Full Version : computer died. license query.

Booker Grimm
July 13th, 2017, 09:05
Hi,

My laptop has just died. I have fg installed on my desktop and need to install on a new laptop later tonight. Will I still be able to use my current license?

Thanks in advance.

Booker.

Martin153
July 13th, 2017, 10:55
I understand that the licence is linked to your account/forum ID. When you fire up FG enter 'settings' and in 'purchases' enter you forum ID and you should get everything...

Zacchaeus
July 13th, 2017, 11:28
Hi,

My laptop has just died. I have fg installed on my desktop and need to install on a new laptop later tonight. Will I still be able to use my current license?

Thanks in advance.

Booker.

Yes, your license doesn't die with your computer.

Moon Wizard
July 13th, 2017, 18:09
Check your Order History on the FG Store to get your license key. (Or the CD Key option in the Steam library if you purchased through Steam.)

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
July 13th, 2017, 19:49
I understand that the licence is linked to your account/forum ID. When you fire up FG enter 'settings' and in 'purchases' enter you forum ID and you should get everything...
You need to put your FG license key in the settings screen. It is not directly linked to your FG forum account ID at this point - i.e. the settings screen/update process does not lookup your license key.

As Moon Wizard mentions - you can get your license key from your order history.