PDA

View Full Version : Discord Problems???

mhorgunn
July 13th, 2017, 04:48
Is anyone else having problems with Discord? Ever since they did the last update, we have been experiencing major connection problems. Last night ... it took 15 minutes to connect and discovered we couldn't use push to talk. Any one else having issues.

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2017, 05:08
My son, who has used it for numerous hours today, said he had no problems with it. Though it wasn't one of the FG related "servers".

Zacchaeus
July 13th, 2017, 09:05
I haven't seen any issues. The FG Server has been up for all the time that I've been on my computer. I haven't had the need to try a voice channel, but a quick test seems to indicate no difficulties.

Teufelhunde87
July 13th, 2017, 10:10
I had no issues Tuesday night.

Gwydion
July 13th, 2017, 13:19
One thing I have noticed is whenever I have a windows update most of my audio settings for many programs, including discord, get reset to default and I have to go in and update them again.

midas
July 13th, 2017, 15:47
I've been using Discord for several hours every night...well, since I started using Discord a few months ago. No problems here.

mhorgunn
July 13th, 2017, 16:14
One thing I have noticed is whenever I have a windows update most of my audio settings for many programs, including discord, get reset to default and I have to go in and update them again.

Ahhh!!! Windows updated last night. Perhaps that was it. Strange that none of my players could push to talk,

Gwydion
July 13th, 2017, 16:17
Ahhh!!! Windows updated last night. Perhaps that was it. Strange that none of my players could push to talk,

Mine did as well and I had to go in and correct all my settings again. Hope that was it.

Gwydion
July 25th, 2017, 16:06

Just curious on this. Was it the windows update and did you get it sorted?

mhorgunn
July 25th, 2017, 18:55
We have played about 3 times since then and (knock on wood) everything has run smoothly. I can only guess it was the update because about 80% of us were forced to update. Still just supposition.

mhorgunn
July 28th, 2017, 00:41
Should of knocked harder. Last night ... the final half hour was s real struggle with drop out getting increasingly frequent.

Gwydion
July 28th, 2017, 13:59
Should of knocked harder. Last night ... the final half hour was s real struggle with drop out getting increasingly frequent.

Hmm. Still seems strange to me. I haven't had issues like that over many, many sessions. One thing to check (and you may know this) is once you have connected your voice to discord, down at the bottom left of your screen where it says "voice connected", to the right is a little circle with an "i" in it. If you click on that it opens a window and if you click "debug" you can dive in a little deeper to see if you notice any issues. If you google a bit you will find some info on what to check in the settings. Hope you get it sorted!