PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Questions

hpdonat
July 13th, 2017, 03:22
I can't figure out how to set a date on the calendar. Please help

Also, if I accept a player in my "manage campaign" page of the calendar does that mean that the player is accepted to play in the planned event or does it just mean that they are accepted into a pool of players to be considered to play?

Trenloe
July 13th, 2017, 04:02
I can't figure out how to set a date on the calendar. Please help
On the game calender page for your campaign, enter the numerical day and month, plus the time in HH:MM format - use 24 hours or put PM (in upper case) after for afternoon/evening games. For example, 7PM on Friday July 14th would be: Day = 14, Month = 7, Time = 7:00PM (or 19:00).

Also, if I accept a player in my "manage campaign" page of the calendar does that mean that the player is accepted to play in the planned event or does it just mean that they are accepted into a pool of players to be considered to play?
This is entirely up to you. But, personally, I see it as accepting someone to play in that campaign.

Whatever you decide, I'd recommend you communicate clearly with your players. Many players will sign up on your calendar page without ever communicating with you. My recommendation is that you don't accept anyone on the game calendar until you have had satisfactory communication with them.

hpdonat
July 13th, 2017, 04:12
thanks one more though

how do we get to the point within the calendar where we can vote for the date?

Trenloe
July 13th, 2017, 04:13
how do we get to the point within the calendar where we can vote for the date?
Someone enters it - either the GM or an accepted player. Then the GM and accepted players can vote.

hpdonat
July 13th, 2017, 04:15
man your fast

Nylanfs
July 13th, 2017, 04:45
That's cause he's an AI and in lots of places at the same time. :)

hpdonat
July 13th, 2017, 14:11
That's cause he's an AI and in lots of places at the same time. :)

I always wanted robot arms

hpdonat
July 13th, 2017, 14:13
By the way Trenole thanks it all worked out as you said

hpdonat
July 13th, 2017, 14:37
Got another one. How do I get a long description to show up in my game calendar? When I go to the manage page and edit my listing there is only a short line for description, yet when I look at other listings it seems as though their calendar description is being populated by what they wrote in there.

Trenloe
July 13th, 2017, 19:52
Got another one. How do I get a long description to show up in my game calendar? When I go to the manage page and edit my listing there is only a short line for description...
Keep typing. Or formulate your description in a text editor and then copy/paste into the field. Note: newline/returns won't appear in the description - it will be all one paragraph.

hpdonat
July 13th, 2017, 20:18
How then do I link it to the game calendar. For example when I click on other's games I am taken to the game description.

Trenloe
July 13th, 2017, 20:24
How then do I link it to the game calendar. For example when I click on other's games I am taken to the game description.
The only difference I can see is that your campaign name has double-quotes around it. Try removing those from the title.

hpdonat
July 13th, 2017, 20:30
That was it. Thanks so much