PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to Pathfinder Please help

hpdonat
July 13th, 2017, 00:40
What is the easiest most efficient way to create a character for PF in FG? Any input is appreciated

Nylanfs
July 13th, 2017, 01:18
Personally I'm a fan of making it in PCGen (https://pcgen.org) and them importing it.

Erin Righ
July 13th, 2017, 03:41
Personally I'm a fan of making it in PCGen (https://pcgen.org) and them importing it.

Of course you are, otherwise you wouldn't sit the PCGen BoD :D

Trenloe
July 13th, 2017, 03:50
@hpdonat - I'll start by clarifying something: Fantasy Grounds is not, and is not planned to be, a fully fledged character creation application. It has some things to help you enter your character, but will never check your character for adherence to rules, etc..

To get your character into Fantasy Grounds you really have three options:
1) Use PCGen or HeroLab to create your PC outside of Fantasy Grounds and then use the character importer tool to import the PC into Fantasy Grounds. You'll still need to do a review that the PC's data has been imported correctly.
2) Use the official Pathfinder FG products to assist you in entering your PC - drag drop race, class, abilities, spells, etc. from library modules you've purchased to your character. You'll still need to do some final edits and checks to make sure your PC is correct and data is to your satisfaction.
3) Manually enter your PC, maybe using the OGL library modules (the ones that come with FG and the community produced modules) to assist with adding textual information. You'll need to edit the PC to correctly add in Hit Points, abilities, spell classes, etc..

hpdonat
July 13th, 2017, 20:38
Once again your the best. how do you do it?

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2017, 22:26
Once again your the best. how do you do it?
Don't you know? Trenloe is an AI. It's designed to take over the world by being nice and helpful. The only way to prevent this (or cause it?) is to give him Reputation points every time he helps out.