PDA

View Full Version : LFP and DM Monday nights EST USA for a published module game

jeffencourt
July 13th, 2017, 00:08
FG License: I have Ultimate, the DM should have full or ultimate
Game System:D&D 5e

Time Zone:USA EST
Day of week and time:Monday evenings, starting 630-7p
If new game, planned start date:Later in July or Early August
Planned Duration & Frequency:bi- weekly
Term:Play module and then go from there.

Text or Voice:Voice
Voice software used:I have skype and Discord, but can do whatever people want

Roleplay & Combat mix:50/50
Number of Players in game & needed:3-4 players plus a DM
Character starting level & equipment:1 class/backgrounds starting
Character restrictions: Would be up to the DM, but i envision the PHB/SCAG/Volo's all being viable options.

Details of your scenario:I'd like to find a DM and a few players to run one of the published modules. Either out of the Abyss, or do a Lost Mines into Storm Kings or possible Princes of the Apocalypse.
I DM one game already, so i dont have time to DM a second, but would like to play and have been having trouble finding a game that fits my schedule is the reason im posting it this way.
If you are interested please post below and lets see if we can get something going.

Vladlock
July 14th, 2017, 00:34
This would work out great with my schedule, if you find someone to run this let me know.

jeffencourt
July 14th, 2017, 00:40
Will do!

Amnzul
July 14th, 2017, 01:16
Mondays also work well for me. If this takes off I would be interested too!

keyroll
July 14th, 2017, 04:08
I have only DM once, have ultimate licence and all 5e modules with the exception of Yawning Portal, I could DM for you at the begining of august if you will have me.

jeffencourt
July 14th, 2017, 14:13
Awesome, the ball is rolling a bit here. so we have 3 players and a DM.
Keyroll, beginning of August would be fine. Want to shoot for August 7th at 7pm? Gives everyone some time to set up and such.
Ideally i'd like to see one more player, but we can run it with 3 unless anyone has objections. but we still have a little more time to see if one more wants to join up.

Any particular modules everyone wants to do? I'd love to do Lost mines and then go into something else from that, but lets hear what everyone else thinks.

Nekrann
July 14th, 2017, 14:34
I'd be very interested if you'll have me.

I am a complete newbie though but willing to learn.

The only thing that's problematic for me would be a 630p start, I would only be available at 640-645p.

Please let me know and I will get a copy of the 5e PHB.

jeffencourt
July 14th, 2017, 15:51
I wouldnt worry too much about it Nekrann, we can always start a little later for you , 645-7pm.

So it looks like we have our 4 players!
once we all figure out what modules we want to start with, Keyroll can get planning and we can look at August 7th for a start date?

Nekrann
July 14th, 2017, 16:20
I'm good with whatever modules you guys choose.

Just let me know what I need to read in addition to the 5e PHB.

I'd appreciate some help getting a character created as well.

August 7th is good for me.

TempoSpire
July 14th, 2017, 17:06
NM. Misread.

jeffencourt
July 14th, 2017, 17:46
Nekrann, you dont really need anything else but the PHB. but if you wanted to get other books, Sword Coast Adventurers Guide is a good choice, as is Volo's guide to monsters. But all you really need to start out is the Players handbook. I'm sure we can help you make a character as well. Any particular style you are looking to play?

Nekrann
July 14th, 2017, 17:55
Nekrann, you dont really need anything else but the PHB. but if you wanted to get other books, Sword Coast Adventurers Guide is a good choice, as is Volo's guide to monsters. But all you really need to start out is the Players handbook. I'm sure we can help you make a character as well. Any particular style you are looking to play?

Ok, I'll start with the PHB. I think I'd like to play a Mage or Warlock but if it's ok, I'd like to read through the character creation section in the PHB before deciding. Any suggestions for a first character?

jeffencourt
July 15th, 2017, 00:27
Ok everyone, i've invited you all to a Group for the monday night game, if you are still interested join up, and lets work out the details!

*edit* Its called Jeffencourt's Ale House in the group section

jeffencourt
July 16th, 2017, 13:38
Still have room for maybe one more player if anyone is interested. Probably will be starting with Lost Mines!

twseifert
July 16th, 2017, 13:52
I'm interested as well, but might be starting another game Mondays nights this week. BUT, If it is not a good fit, I'm totally in.

T.K
July 16th, 2017, 17:12
I would be interested in playing on Monday nights. Ive only tried fantasy grounds once about a year ago but had a family emergency so couldn't finish the campaign and have been wanting to give it another shot.

jeffencourt
July 17th, 2017, 14:07
Cool TK and Twseifert, I'll let you know as we get closer. We are full at the moment, but you never know if someone drops out or if we decide to add another PC we'll get ahold of you as well!

T.K
July 18th, 2017, 05:03
Ok thanks