PDA

View Full Version : Lizardfolk and Natural Armor

Mixylplyx
July 12th, 2017, 16:09
I'm reviewing one of my players PCs, and he made a level 1 Lizardfolk Druid. As a Druid, he get Leather Armor, but as a Lizardfolk, his Natural Armor 'overrides' the Leather Armor. FG automagically changes the AC calculation to the Leather Armor overriding the Natural Armor I entered for him. Is there a way to indicate that in the AC calculation to ignore Leather Armor and use Natural, or is that just something we'll have to remember to update manually?

El Condoro
July 12th, 2017, 16:28
Why would he bother wearing leather armor if his natural hide is tougher? Just remove the leather armor - a druid might be proficient with light armor but they are not required to wear it. And if it's for cosmetic reasons (leather looks cool) I'd just say so and set his AC to whatever is best.

Nickademus
July 12th, 2017, 16:30
In the character's inventory, switch the leather armor from equipped to carried. It's an icon that looks like a shirt. Change it to the bag and it should remove the leather statistics. I don't know if it will default back to the natural armor, but you can manually do that.

Zacchaeus
July 12th, 2017, 18:13
It is the player's choice whether they use their natural armour or the armour they are wearing if it gives a lower value. As noted above however why wear armour at all unless it is going to give you an AC higher than 13+DEX.