PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker Interest Check: Pathfinder GM Looking for Players

Abandoned Arts
July 12th, 2017, 04:08
Hi. Small-party Kingmaker interest check? Monday and/or Friday mornings, EST.

Here's who I am:

My name is Daron. I'm a GM. I'm 35. I've been playing tabletop RPGs (starting with AD&D) since I was a kid and I've been DMming since D&D 3.0.

I publish Pathfinder and D&D content for Pathfinder and 5e under the trade name Abandoned Arts (an imprint of Fat Goblin Games).

Funnily enough, I don't allow third-party content at my table. Anyway. Those are my creds.

Here's what I'm up to:

I've got a window of time on Monday and/or Friday mornings that I'm looking to fit a game into. Long-term, long haul.

Specifically, a Kingmaker game - I got to run a bit of it years back and loved it, but my then-regular group never got to finish it. I've had some good experiences using Fantasy Grounds with my regular groups, and now I'm looking to cobble together three or four serious-minded randos to form up a solid, dedicated Kingmaker crew.

I run a Rules-As-Written game. Where the RAW is unresolvably unclear, the Rules-as-Intended step in to fill the void. I won't be hard on you, I won't take it easy on you. The dice, the module, your actions, and your decisions will do that. Basically my DMming style can be summed up as: "The rulebook has come to life, and it is a distant and uncaring robot-god. Woe betide us."

I roll all dice in plain view of the players (except where secret rolls are called for by the rules) and I don't fudge die rolls. Ever. You win or lose and live or die on your own merits (and on the whims of the dice). I'm just there to bring the module to life for you.

I'm pretty solid with the rules but if I make a mistake that screws you, I'm generally happy to retcon it.

I allow only content which is available on the official SRD (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/) or found in the Inner Sea World Guide. If it's not in one of those two places, you can't play with it. No exceptions.

I don't allow custom races or templates (unless you acquire said template in-game, of course). No exceptions.

I don't allow house rules, 3.5/3.0, homebrew, or third-party content. No, not even mine. No, not even Dreamscarred Press. No, not even if a member of the Pathfinder development team wrote it. No exceptions.

I want a small group - three or four players. No more.

We'll play high-fantasy 20 point-buy with maximum 1st-level starting gold. Two traits (one Campaign Trait, one other). Non-evil alignmets are soooorta preferred, but any alignment is fine if you are a mature, responsible player and a functioning, cooperative member of the team.

We'll use Fantasy Grounds to play (you'll need your own account) and we'll probably use either Skype or Discord for chat. I won't be streaming or making a video out of the game or anything, but I probably will keep and publish a campaign journal.

Here's what I'm looking for:

Players who can play on Monday and/or Friday mornings. Specifically, around 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time. I'm not sure whether we'll play on Mondays, Fridays, or both - it depends on the schedules of the prospective players I collect. I'm free to play weekly, twice-weekly, or bi-weekly (every other week). TBD.

Players who are mature and will respect one another's time. I don't generally love playing with kids, I'll be honest, so if you're a kid and you want to join my table, that's cool. But... y'know... act like you're not one.

Players who want to play Kingmaker. I'm not taking other suggestions at this time. It's okay if you've played Kingmaker before, as long as you can separate your in- and out-of-character knowledge.

Players who are reasonably comfortable with the Pathfinder rules already. I don't mind if you're new to Golarion, though. Same goes for Fantasy Grounds itself - if you're new to FG (but you've got your own copy), that's just fine.

Players who can both roleplay a character (not just a character sheet) while also maintaining a healthy respect for all those pesky rules and numbers. You need to be the rare kind of player who reliably does both.

(Note: If you're an optimizer, please don't build your character with the express intention of showing up or stealing spotlights, niches, or entire party roles away from less-optimized characters. By all means, bring a badass, expertly-built PC to the table, but also be a team player and don't forget to roleplay.)

Players who stay focused, speak up, and get stuff done. I'm not a whip-cracking social taskmaster or anything, but I do like to get a lot done each session. If you're super shy, easily distracted by devices or other games, or frequently dragging discussions off-topic during sessions, it's not going to work out.

Players who won't miss or arrive late to game day too often, and who can provide reasonable notice if they're going to be late or absent.

Ideally, players who are interested in seeing Kingmaker all the way through, for the long haul.

Like I said above, I'm looking for three or four players. No more. Are you part of a group of regulars who'd all like to play together? Invite your whole group to apply - starting with some familiarity between players is always a bonus.

If you're interested and you meet the above criteria:

1.) Reply to this thread (including any questions you might have), and then;
2.) Send an e-mail to [email protected].

If you're applying for a spot, please do both of those things, not just one of them. Once we get a group together, we'll have a "Session 0" where we'll talk shop, build characters, work out a schedule, and all that good stuff.

Who's interested?

markjohn
July 12th, 2017, 06:48
Hi, im interested in playing. Have had a bit of experience with pathfinder. And kingmaker seems like a interesting one to play.

Vhok
July 12th, 2017, 08:57
depends on the time of morning. what timezone are you in and what time are you looking at playing? i'm 33 with about 3 years of pathfinder knowledge and fantasy grounds experience.

Abandoned Arts
July 12th, 2017, 13:22
Hi, im interested in playing. Have had a bit of experience with pathfinder. And kingmaker seems like a interesting one to play.
Thanks for your interest, markjohn. I'll reach out to you via e-mail in the evening.

depends on the time of morning. what timezone are you in and what time are you looking at playing? i'm 33 with about 3 years of pathfinder knowledge and fantasy grounds experience.
Thanks for your interest, Vhok. All times in the original post are EST, as stated above. Please read the original post in it's entirety.

jujuex
July 12th, 2017, 15:33
Would the opportunity to finally finish an Adventure Path in Pathfinder. I have played in 3 groups that started Kingmaker and I don't think we even got past the first book before they all disintegrated. Any how Ill send you the email :).

Abandoned Arts
July 13th, 2017, 00:50
I believe I've e-mailed everyone who submitted an address.

If you're interested and you applied and you did not get an e-mail reply from me, let me know.

We could still use one, maaaaybe two more applicants.

Alexandra Moonwatch
July 14th, 2017, 00:43
Reread post and saw you want players with experience, so that leaves me out.

Abandoned Arts
July 14th, 2017, 02:50
Less so "experienced," more so "comfortable with the rules." If you've played Pathfinder at least once before, or maybe if you've played enough 3.5/d20 System games to improvise familiarity.

Basically, I'm looking four players who know how attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and the like work, and who can build his or her own character with minimal assistance.

If that's you, feel free to email me at the address provided in the original post.

JamesKnouse
July 29th, 2017, 08:23
I am interested in playing. I have the time slots open... I been playing for 30 years.

Rimne
July 29th, 2017, 21:20
This sounds like fun. I've played tabletop for 25 years and have no problem respecting rules nor wrapping my roleplaying around them.

I've never played Kingmaker and have no knowledge of the setting. Which could be fun as it sounds like you don't mind presenting it as a mystery to be explored.

I've never played Pathfinder, but I played alot of 3.0 and 3.5 back when, and for a few years. I take easily to new rules so I'd expect to catch up fairly quickly.

Question. Where are you located Abandoned Arts (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?50367-Abandoned-Arts)? Daron is a fairly frequent name in Australia, and voicechat between Down Under and Europe is fairly poor.

Foamhead
July 29th, 2017, 21:26
I've never played Kingmaker and I am interested. I would be delighted to play.

Abandoned Arts
July 30th, 2017, 12:41
Hey, folks! If you've recently applied to this campaign (and followed the instructions in the original post), you should have an e-mail reply in your inbox.

mithc
August 2nd, 2017, 20:49
Hey there, I'm definitely interested in playing if you're still allowing applicants. I have 9 years of DnD experience 3.5-5e in both GMing and playing. I'm available for both days in the mornings. I also just sent you an email.

Foamhead
August 4th, 2017, 16:17
Delete.

Tosayuf
August 5th, 2017, 04:33
If anyone dropped out, I am interested.

WorstedConch
August 9th, 2017, 14:06
I am interested in playing pathfinders kingmaker! Been so for a long time.