PDA

View Full Version : Missing Data

KhybersGhost
July 11th, 2017, 23:44
So I logged into my campaign today to work on some stuff and suddenly ALL the player characters are missing. In addition (so far), every custom NPC I've created is missing as well. Has anyone else encountered this or have any thoughts that might help me? Thanks in advance. :)

Trenloe
July 11th, 2017, 23:59
Is this a new campaign or is it one that has been running for a while? i.e. have you had any issues with missing data/not saving in the past?

Do you use any cloud sync apps to store your FG data in the cloud? Like DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box, etc..

Look in your <FG app data>\campaign\<your campaign name> directory - the current FG database is the db.xml file. There should be some backups, shown as db.session.XXXXXXXXXX.xml (where XXXXXXXXXX is a long number). See if the most recent dated file is larger in file size than the current db.xml file. You may have to swap on of these db.session.xxxx files with the db.xml file. Before you start doing anything like this make a backup of the whole campaign directory - just in case...

KhybersGhost
July 12th, 2017, 02:42
I've been running this one for some time yes. I ended up rolling it back a couple weeks and got things back. Just so random that it all disappeared

Trenloe
July 12th, 2017, 03:19
Do you use any cloud sync apps to store your FG data in the cloud? Like DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box, etc..

KhybersGhost
July 12th, 2017, 05:03

I don't, but I think given the issues that frequently crop up it seems prudent now. Thanks for the tip :)

Trenloe
July 12th, 2017, 05:43
I don't, but I think given the issues that frequently crop up it seems prudent now. Thanks for the tip :)
It wasn't a tip. I was asking as using cloud sync apps on your FG data can cause corruption/loss of data. Don't use any active sync applications on your FG live data.

Setup an offline backup or do the occasional manual backup.

KhybersGhost
July 12th, 2017, 05:50
Ok, thank you.