PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player - day or night Bi Weekly

Techow
July 11th, 2017, 01:33
I am new to FG, and fairly new to D&D, but I played a little bit of 3.5 late last year and I couldn't get enough, the group fell apart however and I haven't been able to stop wanting to play since. I'm willing to try any edition.

Unfortunately my schedule is a little strange I am in the military and work shift work so my schedule would go like this

Mon-On / Tue-On / Wed-Off / Thu-Off / Fri-On / Sat-On / Sun-On

Mon-Off / Tue-Off / Wed-On / Thu-On / Fri-Off / Sat-Off / Sun-Off

Mon-On / Tue-On / Wed-Off / Thu-Off / Fri-On / Sat-On / Sun-On

Mon-Off / Tue-Off / Wed-On / Thu-On / Fri-Off / Sat-Off / Sun-Off

And this cycle just goes on continuously, so I could play every week or even multiple times a week, but if it was a group with a set schedule I could only play every other week, either way I am OK with it I just want to be back playing this game.

GunnarGreybeard
July 11th, 2017, 05:57
Are the hours always the same too? Days, nights?

deer_buster
July 11th, 2017, 06:00
1) Thank you for your service!
2) You're more likely to get into a 5e game, but you can run into some other editions as well. Take a look at Adventurers League too (it's 5e).

Techow
July 11th, 2017, 09:40
Yes my hours are always the same on the days I work, 5am to 5pm -5 GMT

Techow
July 11th, 2017, 09:43
1) Thank you for your service!
2) You're more likely to get into a 5e game, but you can run into some other editions as well. Take a look at Adventurers League too (it's 5e).

I would be more then happy to try out a 5e game

GunnarGreybeard
July 11th, 2017, 10:07
Yes my hours are always the same on the days I work, 5am to 5pm -5 GMT
Ok, was just curious. I have run games in the morning and am considering doing so again. If you are off all day (I do shift work but it carries me through midnight till the next morning) and I have an opening I'll try to remember to hit you up with an invite in case you don't already have another game going by then.

Techow
July 11th, 2017, 10:10
Yeah that sounds great to me, definitely let me know if you do.

JerryRig
July 11th, 2017, 17:14
I'm Retired military myself HUAHHHH! 30 years Army ...retired 3 years ago. Hang in there life is grand at retirement!

There are 2 Pathfinder games open. Pathfinder is basically identical in play as AD&D 3.5 edition but FAR FAR more expansion and choices. AD&D 5E is based on getting new people interested so it removed depth of content for ease of beginning. Pathfinder stopped making products for AD&D around 3.5 and creating their own offshoot with much simplified rules then AD&D but expanded on depth of content and choices players can make when creating a character. Basically if you can imagine a type of character that is different then out of the box ...pathfinder has a way to build it and play it. This is my basic grasp on the most distinct differences in pathfinder versus AD&D (particularly 5E).

If you would like to check it out ...most people who play pathfinder continue to play it much more. Pathfinder just doesn't have the bankroll that Dungeons & Dragons does to advertise and push their product so its not the hot ticket but it is a game that once tried ...hard for people to accept the restrictions that 5E imposes on character creation/development. If you like making your choices along the way rather then package stuff at each level ....give pathfinder a shot and see if it fits.

Anyhow here is a link to the two games ...

Serpents Skull (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37122-(Pathfinder)-Serpents-Skull-Campaign-Starting-Sunday-s) Sunday mornings at 9AM Central time (UTC-6)

Hells Rebel's (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38409-Hells-Rebels-Pathfinder-AP-looking-for-players) Friday evenings at 5pm Central/6pm Eastern

All the info needed is at the above links for each of the games. Give it a try and if its not something you like you can withdraw from the campaign no questions asked. I'm on the Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak server (connection info (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server)) pretty much every day if you care to talk more on the topic or about joining and making a character.

V/r ...
JerryRig

Techow
July 11th, 2017, 18:35
I did a bit of reading on pathfinder during lunch, after reading this I am definitely interested.

My only immediate concern is that I see that you guys play every week, so I don't know if you would have a plan for what my character would do on the weeks I'm not there, seeing as I can only play every other week.

If that is for sure not a deal breaker I will definitely contact you later to talk about joining and what is expected in a joining character/player from your group.

Techow
July 11th, 2017, 18:37
Also congratulations on your retirement you deserve it, 30 years is no small feat.

JerryRig
July 11th, 2017, 19:57
Got Vertigo and forced me to retire as it wasn't getting better. Under control now but retirement is good. Though I am going back to college to move on to the next profession -chuckle-

Would be fine if you had to play every other week. Either you can let another player you entrust to run your character on your off week or I can do it. Got to give something to give you this little RnR when you can get it.

Catch me on the FG Teamspeak server or drop me a message and as posted the calendar link you can join the group there to track days of avilaialbity and changes we have.

V/r ...
JerryRig
(USA, Retired):cool: