PDA

View Full Version : LFP 5e Lost Mine Of Phandelver Weekly Evenings EST

hpdonat
July 11th, 2017, 01:33
Players Needed: 4-5 (rookies preferred)
FG License: GM has Full so players need at least Lite, etc.
Game System:5e (to start with)
Time Zone:EST
Day of week and time: To be determined I’m available most evenings
Planned start date: 7/17
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly 3 hour sessions
Term: Ideally long term, but let’s play through the module first, and take it from there
Text or Voice: Voice for now would like to ultimately have video
Voice software used: To be determined
Role play & Combat mix: Whatever lost mine has in store, but I prefer 70/30 60/40
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level and standard equipment
Character restrictions: For our first adventure only core classes and races.

This will be my first time DMing in long while, and my absolute first time DMing in FG, so from what I’ve read “The Lost Mine of Phandelver” is a good place to start. We’ll see how things work out from there, but if compelled I’d like move on to some of the other 5e story lines, from there who knows maybe home brew, or whatever the group wants. Ultimately, I want to put something together with good chemistry that’s long term.

The following should link to the calendar where you can officially sign up

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2625

Firan
July 11th, 2017, 01:43
Hi hpdonat

I'd be very interested in your game. I can do voice and video, with an open schedule during weekdays. I've also been looking to connect with a committed group for possible long term play in 5e, with published material specifically.

I have only a couple of sessions of 5e under my belt, but have extensive 2e experience from the 90s. I can "fake" my way through FG a bit too lol!

I'd prefer to play a Wizard character, but am open to anything really.

Let me know

Cheers

Dminishing Rtns
July 11th, 2017, 02:16
Hi hpdonat,

If there is room available, I'd like the opportunity to join. I've been looking for something on the weeknights. I've played through a small piece of the Lost Mine before, and I've been using Fantasy Grounds for a little bit. I have experience with 5e, 4e, and Pathfinder. I'm open to any character class, though I tend to prefer Rogues and Barbarians.

Thanks!

Rhimos
July 11th, 2017, 02:16
Depending on the time I would be interested in joining. I've been playing for a little over a year. Have experience doing roleplay. Voice and video are good for me.

I tend to play Fighter and Cleric. But look to expand that, I usually don't play spell casters so I'd like to try that more.

hpdonat
July 11th, 2017, 02:30
I'm going to link with a tentative start date sometime near the end of july. Anyone, who is interested can sign up there and whoever's on board we can work out the schedule togehther. I'll put the link at the bottom of my initial thread post

deer_buster
July 11th, 2017, 03:11
Is this going to be AL play or standard 5e?

phrcastro
July 11th, 2017, 03:29
Hi there.

If there's room I would like to join. Also new to FG, with some old time D&D experience. I am in GMT -3, so I can join games starting EST 8PM-PM all weekdays. Sooner would depend on the schedule.

Cheers, Pedro

hpdonat
July 11th, 2017, 03:42
Is this going to be AL play or standard 5e?

Right now just standard, but in the future I might run an AL game night. Since lost mine is considered official al content, do you know what's all involved in making our game al?

BDaniel
July 11th, 2017, 04:08
@hpdonat Making LMOP an AL legal game is not hard but there are certain rules to follow for the DM and players alike. Check out the linked site for information.

https://dndadventurersleague.org/dm-quests/quest-of-the-week/

CL0v3
July 11th, 2017, 06:33
I too am new to FG. First game attempting to join in fact. I'm also fairly new to D&D, so any rule set would be fine with me, as well as any class. Tend to like casters more however. Have access to both video and voice. Available all evenings except Friday evenings. That's including weekends. Let me know, thanks.

vintagekd
July 11th, 2017, 14:41
I'd like to throw my hat in. I normally DM table games and am looking for an outlet to play a character. I'm new to FG, but not 5E. I'm EST and prefer a weeknight game like this. I can make a weekly game no problem. Wed/Thur would be my preference, but Mon/Tues are perfectly doable for me. PM me if you'd like to chat about it.

Tuendal
July 11th, 2017, 19:05
I'd be interested in playing if there are openings. I can play any class, have exp with cleric, rogue, and barbarian, but game to try anything else out.

aimveinskull
July 11th, 2017, 23:48
FG License: Basic (not free) license
Time Zone: EST, New York
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: I can play Mon, Tues, & Thur evenings (5-11), Sat & Sun, please let me know.
Term: New to Fantasy Grounds, interested in a short campaign for now.
Voice: Yes, currently have Discord, but willing to look at another software.
Game System Preferred: D&D or Pathfinder preferred, but willing to learn a new system.
Game System Experience: I have played AD&D (1st and 2nd Ed), D&D 3/3.5, Rifts, Vampire (White Wolf), Star Wars (West End)
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to Fantasy Grounds.
Character Type Preferred: I like arcane spell casters, but have played most character types. I am willing to fill a void.
About me: I have been playing table top RPGs for over 20 years, with a small break these last couple. Have have been a player, a GM, a guest GM, the role of many NPCs, and ran some intro modules at a local game store. I play several computer RPGs. I have no problems with combat, roll, or role experiences and can shift between them. Feel free to message me with any questions or inquiries.

robjoliu
July 12th, 2017, 03:28
I'll get in on a 60/40 RP/Combat game. I just find combat to be more fair in terms of each player getting a chance to do something. I will roll a Fighter>Eldritch Knight. Count me in if possible.

Amnzul
July 13th, 2017, 00:53
Hi there,
I am new to FG & D&D and looking for a game. I have watched a bunch of Acquisitions Incorporated and Critical Role games on Youtube and it looks like a lot of fun.
I bought a FG license during the last steam sale and have watched some of the tutorial videos to get the hang of things.
Mondays are really the only reliable day off I have though so I understand if this wont work. I am located in Connecticut, EST time zone.
Thanks for the consideration!