PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player - Any Night Game (D&D 5E) - EST US Time Zone

hpdonat
July 11th, 2017, 00:39
FG License:*Basic
Time Zone:*Eastern Time USA
Day(s) of Week:*Available any evening of the week with weekends preferred, but not necessary.*
Frequency, and Time:*Would prefer weekly or bi-weekly Anything starting 6pm or later EST is good.
Term: Hoping to be a part of a long running campaign,but also willing to play one-offs or anything between.
Voice: Yes
Video: Yes
Game System Preferred:*D&D 5E
Game System Experience:*Played AD&D back in the 80s, but new to 5E.
Fantasy Grounds Experience:*NOOB.
Character Type Preferred:*I like rogues, and bards, but will play anything.
Combat/Problem Solving/Role-Playing: 20/30/30
About me:*Name’s Danny. I am 40 years old and just getting back into RPGs after about a 20 year hiatus. I am a musician, so I think that’s why I’m partial to bards. Ideally looking for a well rounded group with diversity; This means I want people who come from all different walks of life, who have other interests beyond RPGs

I am available and open for an interview if necessary

Intruder
July 11th, 2017, 15:35
Hello Danny, the link below will bring you to our group that is just beginning a 5e campaign.
Feel free to read the various threads. (Don't skimp on this, it's worth the read.)
As a player, you are not commited to any group, game night, or for that matter you can play Monthly or Yearly. (joke)

If you are interested, PM me and I can send you an invite. You don't need the invite to read the threads.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?groupid=95

JerryRig
July 11th, 2017, 17:11
There are 2 Pathfinder games open. Pathfinder is basically identical in play as AD&D 3.5 edition but FAR FAR more expansion and choices. AD&D 5E is based on getting new people interested so it removed depth of content for ease of beginning. Pathfinder stopped making products for AD&D around 3.5 and creating their own offshoot with much simplified rules then AD&D but expanded on depth of content and choices players can make when creating a character. Basically if you can imagine a type of character that is different then out of the box ...pathfinder has a way to build it and play it. This is my basic grasp on the most distinct differences in pathfinder versus AD&D (particularly 5E).

If you would like to check it out ...most people who play pathfinder continue to play it much more. Pathfinder just doesn't have the bankroll that Dungeons & Dragons does to advertise and push their product so its not the hot ticket but it is a game that once tried ...hard for people to accept the restrictions that 5E imposes on character creation/development. If you like making your choices along the way rather then package stuff at each level ....give pathfinder a shot and see if it fits.

Anyhow here is a link to the two games ...

Serpents Skull (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37122-(Pathfinder)-Serpents-Skull-Campaign-Starting-Sunday-s) Sunday mornings at 9AM Central time (UTC-6)

Hells Rebel's (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38409-Hells-Rebels-Pathfinder-AP-looking-for-players) Friday evenings at 5pm Central/6pm Eastern

All the info needed is at the above links for each of the games. Give it a try and if its not something you like you can withdraw from the campaign no questions asked. I'm on the Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak server (connection info (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server)) pretty much every day if you care to talk more on the topic or about joining and making a character.

V/r ...
JerryRig

hpdonat
July 12th, 2017, 00:22
Yeah the sunday morning game is a good fit. What info do you need from me? Do I need to purchase any literature off the bat, any advice for character creation?

JerryRig
July 12th, 2017, 01:51
You can find what you need to make a character on the d20 PFSRD website at this link d20PFSRD (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores)

No purchases necessary. Catch me on FG teamspeak server and I can help you navigate things to making a character any time i'm on.

hpdonat
July 12th, 2017, 06:44
Sounds great. I assume you are JerryRig on Teamspeak as well? I'll do that tomorrow afternoon, if i have troubles I'll find you. thanks though

hpdonat
July 13th, 2017, 14:21
I started making my character yesterday, but one thing I forgot to ask is what are the restrictions? Would a gun slinger work?

JerryRig
July 13th, 2017, 18:35
Mehhh we'll give it a shot ...just do your best to make it seem like the gun is a new invention of gnomes or something ...I suffer from theme by concept ...lol

hpdonat
July 13th, 2017, 20:23
No I'm not firm on it, just something I've wanted to play since I ran across it a while back. I want to keep everything simple and within context. I'll shoot for something more traditional. How about a human or elven bard?

JerryRig
July 13th, 2017, 20:27
go ahead and lets play it ...they all just got done getting off ships from when they were stranded on an island ...you could easily enough mix the story in with a defender of merchant ships and having a ranged weapon was important and some gnome sold you on the firearm and you could have fun roleplaying misfires or whatever.

do what you like ...i like everyone enjoying the hours we spend together.

JerryRig
July 13th, 2017, 22:18
i could hear you in TS but you didnt answer my replies ...lol