PDA

View Full Version : MoreCore Theme Creation

Arion
July 10th, 2017, 10:32
Is there a basic guide to theme creation anywhere? I am setting up an Advanced Fighting Fantasy ruleset using MoreCore and it is coming on nicely, but there are a few things i would like to change:

I need to change the labels on the Health and Defence fields on the NPC sheet to STAMINA and SKILL

I want to change the appearance of the large buttons

I would like to have a different background

On a separate note, is there any way to make a table output a value that can be dragged? AFF uses damage tables, which i have set up. But when you click on the damage roll and it consults the table, it outputs said damage as a text value. It is no big hardship to manually alter the target STAMINA but it would be even better if you could drag said damage to the target.

Nickademus
July 10th, 2017, 15:12
Start with this. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQogq06PJHM)

Arion
July 10th, 2017, 17:16
Cheers. I have changed the image and buttons, and am still working on changing the NPC field texts. Slightly more difficult!

Trenloe
July 10th, 2017, 17:20
Look at the various strings in strings\strings_morecore.xml

I'm "guessing" npc_label_defence and npc_label_health are what you're looking for.

Arion
July 10th, 2017, 18:28
Look at the various strings in strings\strings_morecore.xml

I'm "guessing" npc_label_defence and npc_label_health are what you're looking for.

I tracked those down when i had 5 minutes, after making a copy of the MoreCore ruleset, but for some reason i couldn't alter the values in that XML file (i am using Notepad++). Do i have to change the permissions on that file?

Trenloe
July 10th, 2017, 18:31
In Notepad++: Edit -> Clear Read Only Flag.

Arion
July 10th, 2017, 19:41
In Notepad++: Edit -> Clear Read Only Flag.

That did it! Whoohoo!