PDA

View Full Version : Season 1 Favorite Modules

marcusrife
July 10th, 2017, 05:13
I and others on this forum have been running through the season 1 (Tyranny of Dragons) Adventurer's League modules lately. I have enjoyed some of them more than others. I was wondering from the player's side which were the most enjoyable for you and why. I will rank mine as a DM later after I have heard some of yours. I don't want to influence the responses.

GunnarGreybeard
July 10th, 2017, 06:19
I've never run or played in any of these but am curious what others think as well. I'm considering grabbing a couple to tweak and run as side treks in a campaign.

DragonsDen13
July 10th, 2017, 07:03
Wow! That is a tough one to answer, for me. Personally, I don't think any of the modules/adventures rank above the others on their own grounds.

It is the group of players "at the table" that make or break an adventure, just as it does when sitting around an actual table. The interaction of the players, of their characters and the group synergy that makes me truly enjoy a game. The cheers when a particularly impressive critical roll sways a combat, the jeers at a, ahem, misplaced arrow and the well portrayed character traits/flaws that make each game session unique and memorable.

It took me several sessions to get over the lack of magic items in each individual adventure but then I came to realize, I never truly missed them. We all like the "shinies", of course, but I never realized how much I missed my roleplaying until I got back into it.

I will say they all rank equally for me. And, also, thanks to those that allow me to enjoy my passion of gaming with them.

Teufelhunde87
July 10th, 2017, 18:39
I find it hard to rank them! I had a blast with all of them. Dues for the Dead stands out, Scroll thief (but that was because I ran a strong party with little magic through it),Outlaws of the Iron route(very open ended, can change from session to session), Drums in the Marsh, and Shadows of the Moonsea. Not in that order, and I enjoyed them all.
@ gunnargreybeard They should make great fillers for campaigns. Great RP/combat mix.

BDaniel
July 10th, 2017, 18:53
I will have to concur with Dragonden13's assessment. It is the party dynamics that sell the adventure. I have thoroughly enjoyed them all. I guess the one that would stand out and this is a total self centered reason. The scroll thief....the last battle against the Wyrmling and Tore was able to use his shield to negate its breath weapon. This saved some possible deaths in the party and Tore was able to use such a cool feat (he had been dying to use, Luckily he made his dex save or it could have went bad) Hopefully we can run some more Tier 1 adventures. Quniton needs some xp and a shinny new magic item.

Elliannith
July 12th, 2017, 20:20
Wow! That is a tough one to answer, for me. Personally, I don't think any of the modules/adventures rank above the others on their own grounds.

It is the group of players "at the table" that make or break an adventure, just as it does when sitting around an actual table. The interaction of the players, of their characters and the group synergy that makes me truly enjoy a game. The cheers when a particularly impressive critical roll sways a combat, the jeers at a, ahem, misplaced arrow and the well portrayed character traits/flaws that make each game session unique and memorable.

It took me several sessions to get over the lack of magic items in each individual adventure but then I came to realize, I never truly missed them. We all like the "shinies", of course, but I never realized how much I missed my roleplaying until I got back into it.

I will say they all rank equally for me. And, also, thanks to those that allow me to enjoy my passion of gaming with them.

Dang...you drop one of your own party members and never hear the end of it...
It was a great damage roll though.

I also have to agree with everyone else. It's the players and characters that make the game.

As for modules though, I really liked tanking Shadows over Moonsea as Brownie Frau. That was a great ending.

DragonsDen13
July 12th, 2017, 21:35
Dang...you drop one of your own party members .

One? ONE! Really? My hairy bear behind has several scars on it. Some by others, for sure, but still.

Elliannith
July 13th, 2017, 14:13
One? ONE! Really? My hairy bear behind has several scars on it. Some by others, for sure, but still.

Larendil has never hit your hairy butt.
He's had to shoot around it often enough.
He's actually glanced a couple shots off of heavily armored tanks, but only hit the one.
Granted he did reduce the guy to zero in one shot...
That's what is hard to live down.