PDA

View Full Version : DDEX modules for Fantasy Grounds

TempoSpire
July 9th, 2017, 22:10
I was looking through the modules you can buy on Fantasy Grounds and I only seem to see DDEX 3-1 & DDEX 3-2. I know people are running others like DDEX 1-1, DDEX 6-1 & DDEX 1-10... Where are people getting the packages to run these, if they are not for sale on Fantasy Grounds?

deer_buster
July 9th, 2017, 22:11
DMsGuild

TempoSpire
July 9th, 2017, 22:14
Thanks.

marcusrife
July 9th, 2017, 23:42
Or entering them into Fantasy Grounds themselves. The modules that have Fantasy Grounds files are in the minority.

DaveNaler
July 10th, 2017, 01:34
Right now I believe that those two are the only ones currently available. You would have to make them yourself, at least that is what I have been doing.

deer_buster
July 10th, 2017, 02:58
Would be nice if, as part of Organized Play Network, they would be provided in both Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 format for DCI members

Trenloe
July 10th, 2017, 02:59
There's quite a few available on DMSGuild - here's a link filtered on VTT and AL: https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?filters=45470_0_0_0_0_0_45545_0

marcusrife
July 10th, 2017, 05:06
Would be nice if, as part of Organized Play Network, they would be provided in both Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 format for DCI members

I have inquired about this. The problem is not the availability of people willing to enter the module into Fantasy Grounds. The problem is every module has a different author and it is their responsibility to submit a Fantasy Grounds file. No one can make them do it. I contacted one author once offering my file and their response was oh I have one of those lying around I just haven't done the paperwork. It is a coordination problem. No one person has central control. Thus we are left with things the way they are.

Radagastofaugustine
May 18th, 2018, 00:25
I juste bought DDEX3-05 Bane of the Tradeways (5e) at the Dungeon Master Guild. There is mention :

Also included in the purchase of this adventure is a version specially converted for use with the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop software. The converted adventure features all the text and maps from the original adventure along with cross-linking of monsters, spells, magic items, equipment, and story elements, plus the powerful rules automation for which Fantasy Grounds is known.

There is 2 file with the purchase: one is the pdf, the other is (DDEX3-5_-_Bane_of_the_Tradeways.mod)......I presume is for Fantasy Grounds but I'm not able to open it or to make it work with FG....Anybody know how to do it?

GarthGiantbane
May 18th, 2018, 14:58
Hi,

The .mod file goes in the Modules folder under the FG file structure. Once you open FG, there is a folder icon in the top right section of the screen. That will open the file location of all of the FG folders and files.

Open that and then copy the .mod file into the Modules folder. Then restart FG, start or open a campaign with the 5e rulesset. Once it is loaded, open the Library link and select Modules at the bottom. You should find "DDEX3-05 Bane of the Tradeways" or some form of the name there. Click the load and all of the module info should available.

Hope this helps.

Radagastofaugustine
May 18th, 2018, 20:19
Thank you very much Garth!