PDA

View Full Version : How do I change character ownership?

the dirty fecker
July 9th, 2017, 11:42
Myself and a player have been experimenting with FG but can't seem to figure out how character ownership works. I have a full licence as GM. He does not. So it is in demo mode.

When I open the character on my screen I can double click stats to make the dice roll. He however, can't.

There does not seem to be any way to transfer ownership of characters to players. I have went into 'manage characters' but this does not seem to have this function either.

Am I doing something wrong?

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2017, 12:02
Right click on the character in the PCs window or on the portrait at the top right and select 'clear ownership'. The character will then become selectable in the PCs tab by any joined player.

ravenloft713
July 11th, 2017, 03:23
In the event you make an NPC (such as a long standing important wizard) using the "PC" character sheet (to have effects and level them up as the campaign progresses), claim them as GM so the PCs cannot read their stats/magic items. I only do this for my elaborate NPCs. Also I have level 20 versions of all characters owned by the GM so if needed, I can clear ownership for one specific one (monk for instance) so the monk player can drag/drop or get a template idea for special abilities.

Erin Righ
July 11th, 2017, 19:28
In order to claim them as a GM, right click on the portrait in Character selection and click on the burglar's mask