PDA

View Full Version : Number of Uses Circles/Bubbles/Tick Marks

Art Wendorf
July 8th, 2017, 15:21
I was looking at Zacchaeus' wonderful Complete packages. After dragging and dropping few things, I thought I'd try to recreate some of the effects the long way. What I can't figure out for the life of me is how he added those wonderful little tick-mark-circles on Lay on Hands to help keep track of how many times you've used it.

GarthGiantbane
July 8th, 2017, 16:10
On the action tab, cycle the bottom left field - Mode - to Preparation. Then you should see two boxes on the left of each line. That lets you set number of uses per time period, like 3 per Day. If the value is 0 then a star in a circle shows up in that spot.

Art Wendorf
July 8th, 2017, 16:26
Oh, wow. Thanks, GarthGiantbane!

Nilram the Grey
July 13th, 2017, 13:44
GarthGiantbane,

One more very useful trick is to have a number of uses for a category. This allows you to model things like Channel Divinity where you might have multiple options, but the combination of their uses is limited. This is configured by going to the magnifying glass on the category (power group). At the bottom of the window that pops up is Uses. You can set this to the number of times per period. I find this very useful for modeling magic items with charges.