PDA

View Full Version : A little mixed up

Elderbookwyrm
July 8th, 2017, 08:38
Ok I got the ultimate subscription and I was testing out the system. So Far I can only load the base classes into my table. I am also missing the extra tokens I am suppose to be getting. If there is a simple answer that can be helped with a forum already out there please somebody point me in the right direction. I also noticed that in the folder containing Fantasy Grounds I have no folders in it. No image folder nothing. It only contains the updater, launcher pac, the engine, patch notes and D3DX9_43. I am thinking I am running the demo version. Please help.

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2017, 08:46
Hi Elder, welcome to FG and to the community. An ultimate subscription does not get you any additional stuff. All that an ultimate license does is allow you to GM games where your players onl have demo licences.

If if you want to have more content such as monster manuals and players handbooks those are things which you need to purchase in addition, and for the ruleset that you are interested in playing.

Andraax
July 8th, 2017, 13:26
Did you enter your ultimate license in the setup screen and run an update? And did you check your data folder for content (updater, engine, etc implies your were looking in your program folder, not your data folder).

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2017, 14:51
As Andraax says. Additionally if you look at the start up screen top right corner it should say there whether you have an Ultimate license. If it doesn't then you need to re-enter your credentials in settings (you licence key, username and password) and do another update.

You can click on the folder icon (also on the start up screen top right) and that will open your data folder where your campaign and other information is stored.

Trenloe
July 8th, 2017, 16:14
Welcome to the FG forums Elderbookwyrm

So Far I can only load the base classes into my table. I am also missing the extra tokens I am suppose to be getting.
Assuming you're taking about D&D 5E (there are many different RPG systems that can be used with Fantasy Grounds). You get the 5E SRD and Basic Rules modules with your Ultimate license - you don't get any data from the PHB, MM, DMG, etc. - these are additional purchases.

To see the tokens, click the Tokens button in the bottom right, then "Modules" to see all of the token only modules - activate the ones you need.