PDA

View Full Version : Reformatted computer now unable to access steam bought DLCs

RonJeremie
July 7th, 2017, 19:56
Hi,

I have recently reformatted my laptop and beforehand transferred my Fantasy Ground files into my external hard drive. Now I reinstalled Steam, reinstalled FG and ran the updater. Unfortunately the DLCs I bought wont activate. I have tried without transferring the files into the Appdata folder, with transferring the files, uninstalled reinstalled, linked, unlinked as well as refreshing my steam purchases.

After reading on the forums people suggested that I check the box <<Check Steam for DLC>>. When I open up the settings tab, I do not have the <<Check Steam for DLC>> therefore unable to check the box.

I have run FG numerous times in the past with all of the purchased DLCs it's just now that I have reformatted I cannot get my modules and adventures.

Thank you in advance,
Jeremie

Trenloe
July 7th, 2017, 20:01
Click the "Manage" button and then "Link Steam Purchases".

Be sure to fill out your FG username and password, then run an update.

RonJeremie
July 7th, 2017, 20:17
Thank you for the quick response.

It worked but now I feel stupid because I believe that my problem was when I entered my username and password I would press "enter" instead of login, closing the tab making me believe I had logged in.

Once again thank you, I'm ready for my campaign tonight because of you ;)

LordEntrails
July 7th, 2017, 21:26
Hey Ron, Glad Trenloe got you sorted (as is typical for him!) but don't feel bad. If that's the stupidest thing you can come up with your not even on the finishing podium with me!

Erin Righ
July 8th, 2017, 02:50
I stored all my campaign stuff in google drive then ended up deleting it all with a manual sync

Wookiee420
July 8th, 2017, 05:04
I stored all my campaign stuff in google drive then ended up deleting it all with a manual sync

Just a little bit of advice, it is severely advised against having your FG data on any cloud devices, it is recommended that it be kept and accessed through something physically there. IF you must keep it on a cloud have a backup that you copy to and from before and after your games and not something you use during your sessions, eventually it will cause game breaking errors if you let FG use the cloud.

Erin Righ
July 10th, 2017, 23:03
Just a little bit of advice, it is severely advised against having your FG data on any cloud devices, it is recommended that it be kept and accessed through something physically there. IF you must keep it on a cloud have a backup that you copy to and from before and after your games and not something you use during your sessions, eventually it will cause game breaking errors if you let FG use the cloud.

Yes, I know! My data didn't even end up corrupted, I just accidentally deleted the works while cleaning up google drive