PDA

View Full Version : LFP New Campaign getting started, looking for Adventurers!

Intruder
July 6th, 2017, 11:15
FG License: All types welcome.
Timezone: Eastern Standard GMT-5 typically 7-10pm
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time:
Determined by player and DM. Currently Sun, Mon, Weds, Fri, Sat,
Term: Long Term
Chat: Required, Discord
Fantasy Grounds Experience: 12 months

Game System Preferred: D&D 5e
Game System Experience: D&D 5e

Group: THAC0 Tavern
We are continuing a Campaign centered on the town of Manywaters, at the center of a 100 mile radius in the Border Kingdoms.
Light Role Play.

Be a part of an Adventuring Company! Motivated Players bid on Adventures and organize a party in a West Marches Playstyle!

Visit the Group and take a look at the 14 current players and how this is shaping up.

If you are a D&D Classic Veteran, you may like this!

twseifert
July 6th, 2017, 18:20
I may be interested depending on the night of the week.

JMOxx75
July 6th, 2017, 23:07
I can play if the day is Mon-Thur. Been trying to find a game in EST but they either fill up too fast or not the right time.

twseifert
July 6th, 2017, 23:55
I can play if the day is Mon-Thur. Been trying to find a game in EST but they either fill up too fast or not the right time.

I know what you mean.

Intruder
July 7th, 2017, 00:05
We can play any day, 7-10pm EST
Friday and Sat can go longer, and can play Sat-Sun afternoons.
Players are presented with a map containing known adventure sites and 'rumors' that need investigation.
Players then post threads trying to assemble a party.
This 20 minute video gives a good idea of the concept, except there is no wasteland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGAC-gBoX9k&feature=youtu.be&t=131

CrippledOwl
July 7th, 2017, 01:10
Sounds good. I'm new to Fantasy Grounds but I have been playing DnD for a while now. Is this a good place to start?

JMOxx75
July 7th, 2017, 04:15
So to participate we would need to be invited to the group? Also do you have more than 1 DM?

Intruder
July 7th, 2017, 11:16
Top Menu Bar--> Forum--> Community--> Groups--> THAC0 Tavern

I would imagine this to be as good a place to start as any. The campaign has just recently started and starts from Level 1.
Of the current 7 of us, only 1 has more than a few months experience with FG and 5e. The rest are 3.5 and AD&D.

The West Marches concept is, as I said, concentrating on player/adventure management. It's a work in progress.

Right now I do the DM'ing, but if a player wants to, and they have Ultimate, can also DM adventures they do not plan on playing in.
Being a member allows players to post, getting to know other players and most important, bid on adventures.

I have not gotten around to writing a Rules Page, but here are a few.

Create character, 1st level, PHB source only.
Introduce yourself in 'Border Kingdoms Campaign' thread.
Review Adventure Site List and Post a New Thread for a Location as an Advertisement for a Party, or
Post a bid to join a party that is forming.

Adventure Locations (and Adventures) are static and are not designed with any type of party composition.
Parties do not have to be the same level.

kaleehb
July 7th, 2017, 20:26
I would like to play if a spot is still open. Any of those dates work for me. Thanks!

JMOxx75
July 8th, 2017, 00:57
Sounds good however how do I get in touch with you to make a character? You guys use TS or Discord? I guess PM me with the info so we can get together.

Intruder
July 8th, 2017, 00:58
There is plenty of room. look at the top of the previous message and find, then join the group.
After that post an introduction in the 'Border Kingdoms Campaign' thread.

kaleehb
July 8th, 2017, 13:59
JMOxx75 I just sent you a PM through the forum. Let me know, thanks!

Intruder
July 8th, 2017, 14:46
Hello, do you still have space available in your D&D game? if, so please ping me.
Thanks!

I just opened a server on discord BKC (Border Kingdoms Campaign)

https://discord.gg/pg3GTB6

GimlysBeard
July 8th, 2017, 18:07
I like it. A lot like i used to play. send me some more info? i Would like to create a character and play some adventures!

Intruder
July 8th, 2017, 18:25

Go to the Group and click 'Join'.
Post an introduction to the 'Border Kingdoms Campaign' Thread and I will send you the FG network address.
Log to the server and create a 1st Level Character. Use only PHB source, Human-Variant is restricted, and use Standard Array for ability scores.

Once you have done this, review the Group Threads and bid for a spot in an upcoming Adventure.

I just opened a server on discord BKC (Border Kingdoms Campaign)

https://discord.gg/pg3GTB6

SeaSandz
July 8th, 2017, 23:45
I don't see the 'join' button for THACO Tavern was interested in playing.

*Edit* I found the button, thanks.

terrorrize
July 10th, 2017, 16:12
Pmd

Ross G.
July 17th, 2017, 00:36
I am 6 hours ahead EST any day works besides Saturday for me. Interested though if we can make it work.

Intruder
July 17th, 2017, 15:47
Ross, As I understand you, you are GMT+1?
I (currently) am the sole DM and I am restricted to 1900-2200 GMT-5.
I don't think it will work.

Ross G.
July 17th, 2017, 16:49
Well, that sucks but I hope you all have fun on your game. Thanks for the consideration.

Nemthias
July 17th, 2017, 22:51
I'm in -5 GMT...though work schedule is going to be shifting to Night Work in a couple of weeks. I'll typically have Sunday-Tuesday off though.
I have an Ultimate License and run a private game for friends on Sunday, and a live in person game occasionally on Saturdays.

I've not been a player in awhile and I'm interested in joining. I can discuss specifics if you'd like privately assuming you're still looking for players.

Rixshaw
July 19th, 2017, 00:55
groups seems to be invite only now are you full up?

EarlGraye
July 20th, 2017, 08:12
groups seems to be invite only now are you full up?
Was just wondering the same thing.

Intruder
July 20th, 2017, 15:44
Have to put a hold on new invites until I enlist a second DM, sorry.

Intruder
August 25th, 2017, 00:03
THAC0 Tavern is opening membership for new players!
We have 9 active players playing 5e custom campaign and can now add up to 4 more.

This campaign uses 'West Marches' playstyle and I port all adventure ideas from stories from the 80's and 90's Dungeon Magazines.

Group Link:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?groupid=95
You can read thru the forum threads and get the idea as to what we do.
If interested, send me a PM for an Invite.

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/pg3GTB6
Needed for campaign play.

GrimmStories
August 25th, 2017, 02:49
I'm interested

Rixshaw
August 25th, 2017, 14:31
Same Here!

Intruder
August 25th, 2017, 17:02
Sent invite to GrimmStories and Rixshaw. That's 2!
Use the link above to get to the Discord Campaign Server and I will contact you.

Tyrev
August 25th, 2017, 18:40
The West Marches Playstyle sounds very interesting. I do not have much experience with FG, but I would like to join if possible. Sun-Thurs 7-10pm are good for me. Let me know if still looking for players.

Intruder
August 25th, 2017, 18:49
Tyrev has been sent invite to the Group.
That makes (3) potential new players!
All of you should use the link above to join the Discord server and look for me so we can begin to create your character.

Intruder
August 26th, 2017, 16:21
The forth new player is in. That's all for now.

Intruder
September 30th, 2017, 17:19
Determined by player and DM. Currently 2 or 3 times a week, 7-10pm GMT-5
Fantasy Grounds Experience: 6 months

We are growing a Campaign centered on the town of Manywaters, at the center of a 100 mile radius in the Border Kingdoms.
Light Role Play.

Be a part of an Adventuring Company! Motivated Players bid on Adventures and organize a party in a West Marches Playstyle!

Visit the Group and take a look at the 10 current players and how this is shaping up.

If you are a Classic AD&D Veteran, you may like this!

4 openings for new players as we inactivate some who do not choose to participate.
This campaign caters to 'Classic' D&D gameplay from a 5e perspective.
Classes are chosen only from the PHB.
New players will meet with DM to review character creation requirements.

Our current 10 players are enjoyable to adventure with and a good sense of humor is appreciated.
If you love to play D&D and play well with others this is the place to go.
Recruitment ends when 4 new players are accepted.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?groupid=95

vulkira
September 30th, 2017, 20:02
this sounds like a good group/time for me, but i'm a FG noob :( <6 months...

twseifert
September 30th, 2017, 23:21
Determined by player and DM. Currently 2 or 3 times a week, 7-10pm GMT-5
Fantasy Grounds Experience: 6 months

We are growing a Campaign centered on the town of Manywaters, at the center of a 100 mile radius in the Border Kingdoms.
Light Role Play.

Visit the Group and take a look at the 10 current players and how this is shaping up.

4 openings for new players as we inactivate some who do not choose to participate.

Our current 10 players are enjoyable to adventure with and a good sense of humor is appreciated.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?groupid=95

What nights are you planning on?

Validname
October 1st, 2017, 01:51
If you still need player or if you are able to add more, I would be interested in joining, have about 1 year experience with 5E, 3 with tabletop RPG in general.

Intruder
December 18th, 2017, 15:12
Determined by player and DM. Currently Sun-Sat, 7-10pm,

We are continuing a Campaign centered on the town of Manywaters, at the center of a 100 mile radius in the Border Kingdoms.
Light Role Play.

Visit the Group and take a look at the 11 current players and how this is shaping up.

The Company will have a couple of open spaces after the New Year!
2 openings for new players as we inactivate some who do not choose to participate.

Our current 11 players are enjoyable to adventure with and a good sense of humor is appreciated.
Recruitment ends when 2 new players are accepted.

Daemini
December 18th, 2017, 16:48
I'd be willing to give this a try. I have played in a few handfuls of games on FG, using 5E, I have DMed 5-6 games also and currently DM'ing ToA on Saturdays. I'll be applying as a player though, once I get to know your community and your world, I might consider DM'ing.

Plutwo
December 19th, 2017, 01:24
PM sent.

Curious about how light the light roleplay is.

Curious about what the group may think "classic AD&D" means if the roleplay is light.

An example: the players discover a tribe of centaurs. The centaurs are aggressive but do not immediately attack.

Do you expect the players would engage the centaurs with the mindset of whether or not they can win a fight against the tribe? Or, do you expect the players would attempt to parley with the centaurs in the chance of gaining an ally for their town?

Intruder
December 19th, 2017, 10:40
This campaign centers on the Town of Manywaters, in the Border Kingdoms, but very early in the FR timeline, around 900.
As with West Marches, Manywaters is the only built-up, walled town. Every other place on the map is uncivilized and dangerous.

Roleplaying is meant to describe a general friendliness of the players and an environment of 'fun'.
Classic AD&D is meant to describe playing characters with the image in mind of aesthetics, like playing a Cleric with the person in mind
instead of 'building' a Cleric because of whatever special traits you can piece together.
As in AD&D, Rogues may find difficulty 'treasure hunting' at lower level.

Races allowed are only Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Half-Elf and Half-Orc.

Non combat encounters are present, though not with any involved roleplaying, NPC interaction.
Physical obstacles, puzzles, and various PC decision puzzles comprise most non-combat situations.

This is a long term campaign. Characters can expect to progress from 1st to whatever level they want to retire at.
Magic is scarce and very valuable also.

BlueDemon617
December 21st, 2017, 04:01
You are approached by a Gold Dragonborn wearing very loose fitting silk pants and a vest. He speaks.
"Good day sir. My name is Gygax" He puts one fist into his other hand and bows to you.
"I have seen on the calendar that you will be adventuring. I would like to join you in your adventure. If you cant already tell I'm a monk, i normally only come here to this village when needed so i guess one could call me a hermit, meaning i wont be in town for long. I live a ways north of here in a small cave, should you wish to speak find me there. Thank you for your time good sir" he bows again
"may your life be filled with peace, wisdom, love, and strength." he says as he walks away and enters a near by shop.

this short character intro by

Matthew

Availability as follows. On Eastern Standard Time USA
Sunday - Evenings available 4pm start
Monday - not available
Tuesday - All Day available
Wednesday - not available
Thursday - not available
Friday - not available
Saturday - Evenings available 5pm start

Intruder
January 17th, 2018, 12:29
Determined by players and DM. Currently 2 or 3 times a week, 7-10pm GMT-5

Conceived from a 'West Marches' type of gameplay, there are around 150 locations to explore and adventure in.
The stage is evolving. Adventures conducted during this first year have begun to shape the landscape.

Visit the Group and take a look at the Adventure log recaps submitted by the players as to what they faced and how they fared!.

By 'Classic' I mean this is not a 'builders' world. You begin your career as an average Adventurer and evolve from the ground up.

This is a 'Player Participation' Campaign. Players make the choices as to what nights to play and who to game with.
Parties form with 4-5 characters, though the exact players might be different game session to game session.

FORUMS>COMMUNITY>THAC0 Tavern

Intruder
January 19th, 2018, 15:54

Conceived from a 'West Marches' type of gameplay, there are around 150 locations to explore and adventure in.
The stage is evolving. Adventures conducted during this first year have begun to shape the landscape.

Visit the Group and take a look at the Adventure log recaps submitted by the players as to what they faced and how they fared!.

By 'Classic' I mean this is not a 'builders' world. You begin your career as an average Adventurer and evolve from the ground up.

This is a 'Player Participation' Campaign. Players make the choices as to what nights to play and who to game with.
Parties form with 4-5 characters, though the exact players might be different game session to game session.

FORUMS>COMMUNITY>THAC0 Tavern

Kanuk
January 21st, 2018, 00:12
I'm interested, but I am new to Fantasy Grounds. I used to play and DM 30 years ago (1st and 2nd edition). I bought the 5th edition books (paper copy) and I'm getting familiar with 5th edition. I am not available Monday or Wednesday.

mlesnews
January 21st, 2018, 01:05
Hello @Intruder, I would like to be part of this campaign. How new player friendly is everyone? I used to play and dm AD&D when I was ten and I am just getting back into 5E. I have taken a few FGC classes and I'm reading through the PHB. My schedule is flexible with days and times.

Intruder
January 21st, 2018, 01:23
The group contains new ppl to 5e as well as more experienced ones.

Tito_theninja
January 21st, 2018, 13:59
Are you still recruiting? Returning back after 20 yr break, was 2nd addition DM.

cosmic_pariah
January 21st, 2018, 15:35
This sounds great.
I know you are full now but if a space opens, please consider me.
Thank you.
cosmic

cosmic_pariah
January 23rd, 2018, 02:24
Hey Intruder,
I got your message and I wanted to let you know that I am available tomorrow night.
I will look for you near 7PM EST.
Thanks,
comsic

Intruder
February 25th, 2018, 18:34
Word was received from the Ranger that an Orc War Party was spotted in the Forest, South-East of the River Scelptar. This was not a common occurrence and the proximity to Manywaters could not be ignored.

The ‘Company’ selected 5 of their number to meet this danger and turn it back.
Rather than traveling overland, which would have taken 2 days to arrive at the reported location, the party arranged a River Crossing using the contacts of the Fighter, who worked the docks some years ago.

By sunset that afternoon, the party was observing an ancient looking tower that was recently occupied by the Orc Party. The Orcs numbered what looked like a dozen. Most were inside the round structure.

The Adventurers decided to circle the Tower and see if another entrance could be seen, other than the one on the southern side. The Warlock remained hidden, preparing a ritual to be used in support of any action they would use, while the Fighter maintained eye contact on the Tower entrance.
The Monk, Rogue and Sorcerer circled the tower at a distance, moving through hedge and bushes, trying to be Stealthy. As they moved, they heard Orc voices inside the Tower, evidently yelling at one another, though the trio could not understand the words.

Suddenly, a loud Orc voice sounded from the small window in the side of the Tower. The Party realized they must have been spotted. Quickly, the team darted for the entrance and the Fighter and Warlock took up a position in the doorway to blockade any emergence the Orcs might attempt.

This tactic had worked well in the past when this same party cleared an underground complex infested with Kobolds some time ago.

As expected, Orcs tried to Melee the blockers at the door and failed, collapsing in their own blood right there. The Fighter/Warlock team efficiently cut down the first 2 creatures.

A larger Orc pushed his way through the battling group and bashed its way right into the blockers, pushing them back and away from the entrance. The remaining Orcs howled in excitement and poured through the now clear entrance.

Now from inside the Tower issued a guttural howl that seemed to shake the very stone walls of the Tower. All the other Orcs howled and raged as they charged out and onto the surprised group of Humans.

In the fray, 3 more Orcs hit the ground. The battle was tense, but seemed as if the Humans were holding their own. Then the Warlock, being attacked by 2 Orcs, was struck hard and went down. The Rogue, who was attempting to position himself out of sight, was body slammed and bludgeoned hard……and didn’t move.

The Sorcerer danced around, dodging blow after blow, loosing firebolts into the faces of any Orc that presented itself until a club contacted his head and put the lights out.

The Fighter lasted the longest, giving as good as he got until the shear number of Orcs overpowered him and he was disarmed and restrained.

The story above was recounted from just one of the HUNDREDS of Adventures available in the Border Kingdoms Campaign currently being conducted!
Characters are part of a large "Adventuring Company" tasked with defending the Frontier Town of "Manywaters".

This West Marches inspired Campaign matches groups of 4-5 PCs to an almost limitless supply of Adventures of varying sizes and depths.
Game sessions are available almost nightly in 3-4 hour sessions.

If you enjoy living the adventuring life of your character and remember when Dungeons and Dragons was mysterious and exciting.....join the Company!

Intruder
July 31st, 2018, 15:49
Chat: (Voice)Required, Discord

Intruder
November 28th, 2018, 00:10
Looking for 3-4 players to create a regular party for Fri night.

FG License: Ultimate (all you need is the Free Account)
Game System: Dungeons and Dragons 5e

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Friday 7PM - 10PM
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly

Voice:
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix:10/90 (based on the strengths of the system)
Number of Players in game & needed: 3 to 4
Character starting level & equipment: 1
Character restrictions: Human Variant, Dragonborn, Tiefling, Warlock, nor Monk

Read previous posts for further details...

Darkking101
November 28th, 2018, 00:21
hi i would be interested? pm me?

Intruder
August 17th, 2020, 18:05
Looking for 1-2 players to reinforce a party in a long running 5e Sandbox Campaign.
The jobs are 5th level and new players will progress from 1st level to 5th before joining the party
with separate game sessions.

FG License: Ultimate (all you need is the Free Account)
Game System: Dungeons and Dragons 5e

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Any night that is not occupied by one of the current parties. Game sessions are 7-10pm EST.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly

Voice:
Voice software used: Discord

Exploration/Interaction/Combat mix: Kinda even overall.
Number of Players in game & needed: Currently 16 active players, looking for 1-2 to replace leaving players
Character starting level & equipment: 1
Character Races Used: Classic D&D....Human, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, Half-Orc, Half-Elf or Gnome
Class Restrictions: We will not be using Warlocks, Monks or Sorcerers.

The campaign has a number of house rules that are intended to curb exploits and harken the gameplay back
to, what I consider, D&D roots gameplay. It is a group-based game where varied classes are necessary to succeed.

We have been playing weekly for over 2 years. It's a good bunch of players and everyone seems to have fun.
This is a player participation campaign. If you don't play, your character will be retired.
Honesty and Integrity are important here. Cheaters and troublemakers don't last long. We try to have fun.

Read previous posts for further details...

Ellimn
August 30th, 2020, 20:00
Is your campaign still open?

Raethios
September 22nd, 2020, 00:16
hello - would like to join the group. can i get an invite?

thc1967
September 22nd, 2020, 01:50
I'd like to join the fray. I started playing D&D with the boxed set almost 40 years ago. Westmarches style is interesting. If the level ranges work out, I could jump in up to a few nights a week.

Wardog179
September 22nd, 2020, 04:10
Definitely interested in playing in this group I have been playing D&D for a long time and am looking for a new game.

baka00
September 24th, 2020, 04:13
I would be very interested, so as long as it's on the weekend. Please tell me more when you have the time.

Intruder
September 24th, 2020, 17:39
I am conducting a new party that currently contains one 3rd Lvl player.
If you are interested in joining, let me know.

Intruder
September 24th, 2020, 18:11
This statement is provided for any and all that wish to join.

The Campaign has been running for over 2 years now. It is my own style of sandbox, in that I try to use some old
school house rules and alter some things to try to keep you guessing.

The Campaign is set in the Forgotten Realm, around 910 D.R. and is an alternate universe so not exactly cannon.

Your choices for characters are only from PHB with restrictions.
Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome and Half-Orc only.
Fighter, Cleric, Rogue, Wizard, Paladin and Ranger are the only classes.

Ability Scores are Standard Array.
Multi-Classing and Feats are usable only to Level 6.
Sentinel and Mobile Feats are not used at all.

I prefer running Adventures with an equal mix of Combat, Exploration and Interaction. Light character
roleplaying is appreciated and rewarded with Quest Bonuses.
I realize these requirements might not be acceptable to you but it is as important that I enjoy DMing
for you as much as your enjoyment in playing. My hope is that you understand.

If this style appeals to you, then we welcome you!

Intruder
September 25th, 2020, 18:07
I have sent group invites to (4) players who responded yesterday.
Please explore our Group Forum (THAC0 Tavern) and familiarize yourselves with stories from our current players.

I will be following up with PMs to get started.

Character creation will be a 1 on 1 session, about an hour, for each. I will coordinate a schedule.
If you each could PM me with your availability days/times as I am retired and have a lot of availability.

In general, the Campaign tries to be a sandbox.
Players use the forum threads to "bid" for a place in a party, selecting a particular day.
Currently, I am available nightly (Sunday-Thursday) from 6-10pm EST.

4 Bids are the minimum for any game session, and though I try to design one-shots, multi-session
adventures are quite common.
This means once started, the same party is required each session until the adventure is completed.

For now, aspiring new players should have a Race/Background/Class combination decided, as well as at least
2 alternates in the case that your desired outcome proves to be unplayable in my Campaign.

Then we meet in Discord/Fantasy Grounds to create your character and discuss actions to come.

Thank you all for your interest!