PDA

View Full Version : need assistance with mod eporting

rabbedrabit
July 5th, 2017, 08:12
ok so i have created my first mod for my campain its a player hand out with information that would be use full to the pc. i missed a few things and have some questions.

1) when i exported my mod i was not able to add a photo to the mod now when i go into the modules to open it all i see is the name of the mod not a photo to make it stand out. is there actually a way to add a "cover" to your mods?

2) i have more info now to add to my mod can i just add it to the mod my self or do i need to reopen where i created it at and add the info there and reexport the mod.
a) if i need to reexport the mod how do i delete the old mod?

3) is there a way to add a race and class to the available list other than par5e im not familure with it nore am i running a 5e campain im running pathfinder. im going to allow some of the splat book classes and races and there are a couple new sub races. for those familure im trying to put the 500+ page pdf of bards gate into fantasy grounds.

thanks for the time and help

rabbedrabit

(yes i know its spelled wrong but have you ever seen a rabbit that can spell much less one that is rabid)

Zacchaeus
July 5th, 2017, 08:58
When you export the module you have the option to include a thumbnail. Click the little button to navigate to a file that you want as the thumbnail. It should be a .png file and doesn't need to be bigger than 75x50px or so.

Anything you need to change in the mod or add to it would need to be done in the campaign in which you created it and then re-exported. If you re-export with the same name you overwrite the original. If you change the name open the modules folder find the mod you want to delete and delete it.

You can add races and classes to 5e but I'm not sure about Pathfinder. If you go to Library and select all the buttons and then click on Race. If you see a brownish edit button at the bottom of the window which opens up a new race/class/background, then you can

LordEntrails
July 5th, 2017, 16:26
I suggest you read the attachment on the first post of this thread. It will not only answer a lot of questions for you, but will help keep you from making mistakes that you are not yet aware of; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33538-Adventure-Module-Creation-Best-Practices

rabbedrabit
July 6th, 2017, 00:56
Thanks guys was very helpful, I did figure out how to add races, and classes (to a certain degree).
In library I opened races, clicked the drop down button, created a new race mod for my adventure, added races. Got wood elf and street dwarf to work.

Did the same for classes but have not figured out how to get it to auto fill hd, abilities, or a decent level progression chart that looks good without making it an image and linking it to the class. Any ideas on this would be super appreciated.

Thanks again

Rabbedrabit