PDA

View Full Version : LF 1 person with full license to help me test access and my new module

ravenshroud
July 5th, 2017, 01:03
If I have set up my local firewall right and the router forwarding for port 1802, you should get right in and then i just want to ask some questions about what you see when I do some things in the module.

You can reach me on my twitch channel, Ravenshroud > Under Dungeons and Dragons.

We can use that or skype to chat after we connect.

Thank you. Happy to help new FG players learn the player side as well.

ravenloft713
July 5th, 2017, 04:12
One of the things I did was run multiple copies of Fantasy Grounds to test the GM vs PC view.

Navigated to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe" and made a shortcut on my desktop. The reason you want to navigate to the actual exe is it saves Steam resources, and lets you open a second copy. If you are running Mac, you are not in as much luck to run multiple versions of Fantasy Grounds.

I launch the exe and open my campaign. Then right click my open FG icon (in task manager), and run another. In the second window, I Join Game and use the name GM_PC (name can be anything) and join 127.0.0.1 for my IP address and the password. I use passwords on my campaigns because some are 'prep' campaigns and I don't want players joining and seeing the secrets, or just making junk toons and notes that I have to delete later. And my kids play now so I made a different campaign (and password) than my adult campaign because the kids will make stuff. Then do stuff in the GM/DM one and alt-tab over to the PC one. Understand your system will run slower, but it shouldn't be horrible for testing purposes.

ravenloft713
July 5th, 2017, 04:14
I can be reached on Discord most nights under Ravenloft713, #3975.

If you have a Mac, I'm a bit foggy on how to get it done but I did it via Wine emulator.