PDA

View Full Version : forgotten password

the dirty fecker
July 4th, 2017, 23:28
A friend of mine has forgotten his password for FG.

Does he have to request this through trying to log into the forum? FG itself does not provide a forgotten password option.

Erin Righ
July 5th, 2017, 00:50
Yes, come to the forums and request password reset

Intruder
October 29th, 2019, 18:28
I have requested the email to reset my forgotten PW at least 6 times but have not received said email.
It has been 2 hours.

LordEntrails
October 29th, 2019, 20:38
I have requested the email to reset my forgotten PW at least 6 times but have not received said email.
It has been 2 hours.

Have you exchanged emails with support before? Have you checked your spam?

If all that is good, then give them some more time to get back to you. As you know, they are a small company and eith the beta rollout yesterday are undoubtedly very busy.

If you havent heard back in another 12 hours, try sending from a different email address.

Intruder
October 29th, 2019, 22:48
Not anything complex. I have 2 PCs and visit FG often, from both. Windows had recorded the password and I never had to type it in.
I must have changed the password at some point, neglected to write the derned thing down, and Windows updated the PW on the one PC.
When the 2nd PC contained the old PW, I didn't remember what the new one was, and the renew password function in FG wasn't sending the email.
Windows tech support explained how to reveal the PW in the cert for FG, but needed my Windows PW for my station, which...…..(crickets in the background...…)
I had never remembered cuz I never had to.

The point to the story was......I NEEDED the FG PW to download the derned FGU Beta!

I got flustered after I posted my problem and went out to clear my head.
When I returned Mr. Davidson has sent me a new temp PW. Problem solved.

I hope my little story was entertaining. :)