PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights Campaign D&D 5E

Mauriciogt2
July 4th, 2017, 22:23
Hi everyone!!!
I could not find a thread about this, so here it goes:

I'm thinking about adapt the PC game Neverwinter Nights to FG D&D 5E.

1. Is it ok to do this? Is it legal?
2. I never finished the game. Does it have a good story? No spoilers pls!
3. Once i'ts finished, it's legal to share it (free)?
4. Anyone know if this adaptation already exists?

Thanks very much in advance.

inawkwardscience
July 5th, 2017, 00:53
As far as I know:

1. If you only create it for personal use
2. It's a great story with countless optional side quests that shouldn't disappoint you,
3. You cannot share any information the is copyrighted material belonging to another.
4. Not that I am aware of.

You can, however, create your own epic storyline based in and around Neverwinter. Or anywhere else in the Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft.
https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-us/articles/217029298-Content-and-Format-Questions

Mauriciogt2
July 5th, 2017, 02:36
As far as I know:

1. If you only create it for personal use
2. It's a great story with countless optional side quests that shouldn't disappoint you,
3. You cannot share any information the is copyrighted material belonging to another.
4. Not that I am aware of.

You can, however, create your own epic storyline based in and around Neverwinter. Or anywhere else in the Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft.
https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-us/articles/217029298-Content-and-Format-Questions

Thanks man!!! :)

ravenloft713
July 5th, 2017, 04:20
Another thought for additional ideas is other old games. For instance, Neverwinter Nights (1990 something) where members start in the adventure's academy and wizards teleport in and steal the four magical beasts, one of which being an Intellect Devourer which would mind control people. Or take segments from Baulder's Gate (Minsc and Boo are always memorable--sometimes too memorable. Just change the names and battlecry and it will be good enough in most cases) like the mini quests. Just rename Baulder's Gate to Neverwinter Nights and alter another location name here and there...

Mauriciogt2
July 5th, 2017, 11:31
Another thought for additional ideas is other old games. For instance, Neverwinter Nights (1990 something) where members start in the adventure's academy and wizards teleport in and steal the four magical beasts, one of which being an Intellect Devourer which would mind control people. Or take segments from Baulder's Gate (Minsc and Boo are always memorable--sometimes too memorable. Just change the names and battlecry and it will be good enough in most cases) like the mini quests. Just rename Baulder's Gate to Neverwinter Nights and alter another location name here and there...

I'm thinking about do this. Thanks

synr
February 20th, 2019, 22:30
hey! did you do it? can you share it? i plaid DnD for the first time ever a week ago and i use to play neverwinter nights alooot and i noticed that its basicly the same thing haha i would love to play the dnd version :D

Zacchaeus
February 20th, 2019, 22:47
hey! did you do it? can you share it? i plaid DnD for the first time ever a week ago and i use to play neverwinter nights alooot and i noticed that its basicly the same thing haha i would love to play the dnd version :D
Even if someone did an FG module it could not be shared for copyright reasons.

And welcome to FG.

synr
February 20th, 2019, 22:48
awww ohwell haha, and thanks :D

Mauriciogt2
February 20th, 2019, 22:50

When I had the idea (2017) I thought it was going to be a lot of work and not being able to share anything for legal reasons and I gave up the idea. I re-started the idea last year and started to DM for a group. But I've changed a lot, only the main plot is the same.
At the moment the group of adventurers are in the Forge of the Fury in search of an old dwarf magical staff that will finish the plague of Neverwinter (but Desther will steal the stick and end the plans to save Neverwinter, :cry: ).

Unfortunately I do not have any material to share, as I am playing the game again and DMing to the group. I have only a few notes and are all in my native language: Portuguese (Brazil).

Welcome to Fantasy Grounds!! :)