PDA

View Full Version : New FG player LFG

hojou
July 4th, 2017, 18:59
LFG, 5e, Weeknights USA

Hi!

I've never played on Fantasy Grounds, but I've been playing tabletop D&D off and on over the years. I've never played online before, and my schedule recently changed, so I thought I should give it a try!

I've been playing semi-weekly campaign, in-person for the past year, and it's going great, but to be honest, I just can't get enough! I really want to see how different DMs do things, and learn what I can from other players, to improve my own approach to the game. I'm easy to get along with in a group, and I prefer a laid-back game with adults that isn't too much of a munchkin rule-fest. I do know the 5e rules pretty well, but I really enjoy creative approaches to dealing with problems and obstacles in game, that don't always boil down to combat.

I'm a 40ish-year-old guy with a full-time job and a full-time wife, but somehow both of them leave me time for serious geekery! I'm quite the computer and gaming geek, and I've been going through the tutorials, and I'm sure I'll have no problem learning FG quickly. I only have the demo right now, but I have no problem paying for a basic license if that's what's required to join a game.

I'm free every weeknight, so any game which starts around 8EST/5PST or a few hours later would work great for me!