PDA

View Full Version : inside frame boundaries, issues and a ton of other anoying stuff.

hagrid70
July 4th, 2017, 18:37
i have read snafubars post in this regard, but felt it more polite to make a new thread.
i too am having problems with this, but when i mess with the frame numbers nothing changes. all windows but the chatwindow seem to be similiarly afflicted. i wonder if theres code that sets this up as a general rule further up the foodchain?
im also having issues getting that wee resizing arrow to sit in exactly the right place.
and trying to identify the 'shield' or default button icon, so i can replace it.
there also seems to be be a ton of stuff that isnt used by 5e. ( i could be wrong here, there might be tables or something that references more obscure stuff? )
i need to change the colour of some but not all the text in a few places
finally im trying to find the trampstamp under the weapons tab at the bottom of the PC sheet.

any advice would be most welcome.

Moon Wizard
July 6th, 2017, 23:42
The insideoffset tag in framedef definitions only applies to telling FG where the actual offset on the graphic for showing the resize cursor. The resize control defined in the window class needs to be defined to match this offset. Look at the existing examples for different window frames (charsheet, utilitybox, etc.)

The button icon for formattedtext fields is defined in gameelements.xml, and the button icon for link fields is defined in linkcontrol/linkfield templates defined in common/template_common.xml. Look in CoreRPG first, then 5E. Remember that templates are built on top of each other. So, you'll need a global text find feature in your editor (such as Notepad++) to follow the chain of template definitions. Also, make sure to be familiar with the Ruleset Reference in the Developer Guides section of the wiki to become familiar with the base control types and their tags (such as stringfield, numberfield, etc.).

Regards,
JPG

hagrid70
July 6th, 2017, 23:53
thank you sir for this fearsome post :D i will see what i can make of this :D