PDA

View Full Version : Custom character sheet questions

Laramie Wall
July 3rd, 2017, 13:20
Sorry in advance if I should have filed this elsewhere. I'm only leaving it in MoreCore as this is what I was directed would be a great starting ruleset. My apologies for any improper use of coding lingo. I have next to no coding experience, but wished to undertake the minor venture of porting the new edition of HackMaster into Fantasy Grounds. My main drive is just for myself and friends to use, so I don't expect most of the automated bits to work, but I thought I could work on that as time progressed, with my starting point simply having a character sheet. To that end, I have created the front page with stat block, movement rates, etc., can leave inventory as is.

My roadblock: Skills. I just need a two column structure with column one being Skill name and column two being numerical space. I have tried a couple of copy and pastes, each bringing the associated <datasource> and then if I attempt to disassociate them I break it and end up with a single column.

I know that this is no one's project but mine, and help is a big ask, but thanks in advance if anyone has help for me. Thanks.

Trenloe
July 3rd, 2017, 16:23
Moved to the workshop.

Can you provide more information of what you've done so far? A screenshot and sample of example code that you have now will help a lot to allow us to give guidance.

Laramie Wall
July 3rd, 2017, 19:12
Sure thing. Also, thanks for refiling this more appropriately.
(Apologies to those that can code, for the horror to follow)

Also, Sorry for all the screen shots, but as I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm certain I would describe this poorly.
Thank you for understanding.

I would like to have something akin to
In this
I believe this is all from rulesets\MoreCore\campaign\record_char_main.xml at the top
which I think is mostly just the template "list_charmaincategory"
If I copy the above from template_char.xml to where I want it in a sheet, it just clones the skills page, including data already there. I ASSUME this is because it's accessing "<datasource>.maincategorylist</datasource> " . When I try to change that, the whole thing breaks and I end up with a single column such as in my second screen shot above.