PDA

View Full Version : Started a game and I noticed a few things....

Devistation
July 3rd, 2017, 00:26
Hello Everyone.

First off, thank you all for your help. I can honestly say that this community is one of the main reasons I bought the Ultimate Edition and why I am feeling confident enough to start to DM and run Fantasy Grounds with confidence! So Thank you all

So I started a game and there were a few thing I noticed and can't seem to understand how to fix.

1. My players have access to the PHB thought my account. What is stopping them from dragging any item they want into their inventory? I did this on my wife's laptop connected to my Ultimate account thinking that it would not let me. But it did. and On my DM laptop I had no idea it happened.

2 This is the same with HP. Looks like a player can just change that to whatever they want
- While on HP. When they LVL it looks like it just automatically gives the average HP + CON. I would like them to roll for this. Can not figure out how to change it.
3. Can I as the GM lockdown the stats? That seems to be easy to edit as well.
4. Obviously I have some trust issues....
5. Gold --- Same issue. They can adjust it if they want...
6. Can the players just add a lvl whenever? OR can I put this on the DM side of things.
7. Player tokens and Pogs. They are not seeing the ones have have loaded. I cant figure out how to share all those.

Thanks everyone

Zacchaeus
July 3rd, 2017, 00:45
You can't lock any of those things. Players can do almost anything to their character sheets including changing hit points, stats, inventory items, gold or whatever. This is the same as it would be if you were playing paper and pen.

by default FG follows the 'rules' so at level up players get the average hp+ CON. If you want them to roll then you'll need to manually adjust the hp.

LordEntrails
July 3rd, 2017, 01:01
As Zacc says, this is the same as when you play with pen and paper. What's to keep an PC from adding something to their character sheet? Only integrity.

You can always periodically export the characters so you have copies you can go back and reconcile against. But do you really want to spend time doing that?

Devistation
July 3rd, 2017, 01:06
You all have a point. I figured that was the case but was just making sure. Thanks for the information!

vodokar
July 3rd, 2017, 02:00
While there is nothing stopping them from dragging a +5 Holy Avenger onto their character sheet, if they actually try to use it in combat, you will know, because the DM will see enough combat information reported to be able to tell that the player is cheating. If players cheat, you can threaten to ban them from your campaign. Frankly, I don't see this situation ever happening. All the people I've ever played with in this community would never do something like that. But, ultimately, as the DM, it's a private, invite only, game that you are running and if you catch someone cheating, you do have the right to ask them to leave.