PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon World Module

kuthulu
July 2nd, 2017, 23:53
I put together a Fantasy Grounds module for Dungeon World, using the MoreCore Ruleset (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset).

I added all the NPC info along with some Rolls (Basic Moves, Special Moves and Character Attribute Mods) and Abilities. I have all the starting moves for the base "classes:
Bard
Cleric + spells
Fighter
Immolator
Paladin
Ranger
Thief
Wizard + spells
Barbarian
Druid

I created a few tables for random bonds, GM moves and Dungeon Moves.

I'm thinking about adding some Story Templates to generate random Steadings, NPC's and maybe some Fronts down the road.

You should be able to make edits if there are any mistakes.

UPDATE: 6July2017:

I removed the v1 from the module name. The new module is named Dungeon_World_Starter.mod.

I've added more details and corrected some errors.

I've added additional rolls for some of the classes.

I've also created Character Templates for all of the base classes. I did this to make it easier for my players so I figured I would share.

Myrdin Potter
July 3rd, 2017, 00:16
Did you get permission from the people who did this module? Even if it is free to download, a conversion that is made publicly available needs specific permission.

kuthulu
July 3rd, 2017, 00:21
Hrmm. Looks like Creative Commons license and I did attribute them in the module. I'll see if I can contact the author.

Myrdin Potter
July 3rd, 2017, 00:48
If Creative Commons, you are probably ok, but always need to be careful about it.

The "non-commercial" flag in the CC symbols the module authors used is always the tricky one. In theory, this is a commercial website. The One Bookshelf websites are also commercial.

I will leave it to the mods to make the call, I just know they are pretty strict here since it is the official FG forums and their business model means they have to be super strict on IP

kuthulu
July 3rd, 2017, 02:05
I've taken out the adventure and put it in a separate module. Maybe someone can weigh in on if it is ok to publish it here. This is the link to the adventure (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/137449/In-the-Hallways-of-Thime?src=hottest_filtered).

It looks like I can as long as I attribute to the authors but I don't want cause any issues for FG.

Trenloe
July 3rd, 2017, 17:47
The scenario is released under this CC license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

There are some requirements to that license, in the "under the following terms" section of the page I linked. As long as you keep to those terms, you'll be fine posting a FG module based on that scenario in the FG forums.

kuthulu
July 3rd, 2017, 18:10
Thx, Trenloe, for the clarification. I'll make sure I have all the author's info in the credits section of the adventure.

kuthulu
July 6th, 2017, 18:50
I've made some updates and added character sheet templates for all the base classes. Check the first post.

jwfitt
July 8th, 2017, 04:17
Just getting into trying some Dungeon World, thanks for this!

jwfitt
July 8th, 2017, 20:42
Maybe this is a limitation of MoreCore, but is it possible to have dice on the /pbta macros that can be dragged off and thrown like normal attacks?

For example, The Two-Handed Sword Attack (1), can be dragged off and thrown into the chat to simulate rolling, whereas any of the Core moves with "DW" buttons (2) can only be single clicked to show a result in chat.

kuthulu
July 10th, 2017, 21:24
Jwfitt, The ATTACKS part of the character sheet for Dungeon World should be renamed to Damage. For your normal attacks you will mostly use Hack & Slash under Core Moves. But to answer your question, no, the /pbta rolls will not work in that field.

Also, on the character sheets I miscalculated the HP. It should be the Constitution score + your class starting HP. So for the Barbarian with a constitution of 15 his starting HP would be 23. I'll update that in the character sheet once I make a few other changes.

damned
January 30th, 2018, 13:03
For the most part Attacks is probably deprecated.
You can do many more options using the rolls.
I leave them there because they work well for some systems.

Galdor
April 14th, 2020, 17:46
Hi,
I downloaded the module (and put it in the module folder of FGC) but it does not appear in the module list selection when I launch FG CoreRPG...

Trenloe
April 14th, 2020, 19:29
... it does not appear in the module list selection when I launch FG CoreRPG...
That's because it's for the MoreCore ruleset - link in post #1.

Galdor
April 14th, 2020, 20:06
That's because it's for the MoreCore ruleset - link in post #1.
Unfortunately I downloaded the MoreCore ruleset (the file MoreCore.pak in the first post of Damned) and put it in the FGC ruleset folder, but it doesn't appear among ruleset selection list: how can I manage it?

Bonkon
April 15th, 2020, 01:25
Unfortunately I downloaded the MoreCore ruleset (the file MoreCore.pak in the first post of Damned) and put it in the FGC ruleset folder, but it doesn't appear among ruleset selection list: how can I manage it?

Good Day Galdor :)
Did you start a new campaign using the MoreCore system then look for the .mod? :)

damned
April 15th, 2020, 01:28
Hi Galdor

Can you screenshot the ruleset folder along with the folder path?

Galdor
April 15th, 2020, 02:13
Thank you Damned, now it works, but I don't know where (in which folder) putting the Character Templates for all of the base classes downloadable from the first post of this thread (they are .xml files in a .zip folder)

I've also created Character Templates for all of the base classes. I did this to make it easier for my players so I figured I would share.

damned
April 15th, 2020, 02:16
Create your campaign and then open Characters and use the Import button, and then Import again (I think) and navigate to and select the character.xml file(s).
There is a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7UENAvECO8
that shows a (probably) better way to create the characters - so start with the ones in this thread but then improve them with the new rolls - and re-upload them!

Galdor
April 15th, 2020, 02:38
Create your campaign and then open Characters and use the Import button, and then Import again (I think) and navigate to and select the character.xml file(s).
There is a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7UENAvECO8
that shows a (probably) better way to create the characters - so start with the ones in this thread but then improve them with the new rolls - and re-upload them!

Got it, thank you Damned!
Last two questions about Dungeon World module:
- I noticed that there are also all the NPCs, but when I click on their attack buttons, the dice are rolled without any modifier (whereas in DW each NPC attacks with a predetermined modifier);

- when I click on some moves in the Character Examples the dice are rolled without any due modifier! For example: if I roll the Wizard's Cast Spell move (which specifies INT), the dice are rolled without the INT modifier..

damned
April 15th, 2020, 02:54
I didnt make these resources.
As suggested - check the video and make some improvements.
There have been many new rolls added since kuthulu made these resources.

Galdor
April 16th, 2020, 00:42
I didnt make these resources.
As suggested - check the video and make some improvements.
There have been many new rolls added since kuthulu made these resources.

OK, so - for example - if I have to make a Spout Lore roll (which is an INT roll), I have to click on INT and then roll dice... right? It's a bit clumsy: is it so difficult to link any move roll to the Attribute needed to make that move/roll?

Furthermore, the rolls results displayed on the chat log give only very general info: if you fails, if you succeed with cost, or if you succeed. It is too general (so unuseful) and it's not always correct.. for example, for the Discern Realities move you don't have "success with cost" with a 7-9 result, but you can make only 1 question between some listed.
It could be more correct, fine and useful if for every move rolled could be displayed on the chat log the specific effects of that move, according to the results of the dice roll. For example, if I get a 10 on a Spout Lore roll then the chat log could tell me: "The GM will tell you something interesting and useful about the subject relevant to your situation" (so immediately recalling to everyone the effects of such result).

Last (but not least), every Class has a specific damage die (d10 for Fighter and Paladin, d6 for Thief etc): is there a space in the character sheet for such valuable info?

N.b.: I am not a programmer, so I am absolutely ignorant on all such stuff..

damned
April 16th, 2020, 00:56
Have you watched the video about how to setup rolls?

When you sit at a table and you throw 2d6 it tells you nothing.
You are still required to know the rules or look up the rules.

Success and Success with Cost are accurate in at least 3/4 of situations.
If I send the entire roll description to chat you will barely see anything else in Chat.

For Damage have you looked at the video about how to setup rolls?

Galdor
April 16th, 2020, 01:24
Have you watched the video about how to setup rolls?
No, sorry, which video?

When you sit at a table and you throw 2d6 it tells you nothing.
You are still required to know the rules or look up the rules.
When you sit at a table and you throw 2d6, you look at the move you rolled to find out the specific effect: for such purpose, every player has its own moves well shown in front of him/her at any DW gaming table!
If you immediately display on chat the specific effect of any roll, it could be therefore very very useful! It speeds up the game, skipping the phase "let's check out what happens with a '9' rolled on a Volley Move".. (I play DW from the beginning, and I contributed to the italian edition of the game: trust me, it could be soooo useful!)

Success and Success with Cost are accurate in at least 3/4 of situations.
No, it's too general to be really useful, especially for the 7-9 results! In fact, every "cost" required for every move is very different; check, for example, the differences between the 7-9 effects of the following Basic moves: Hack&Slash, Volley, Discern Realities, Parley, Spout Lore.
Additionally, think about all the specific costs of all the Class Moves 7-9 effects!

If I send the entire roll description to chat you will barely see anything else in Chat.
No, it's just a matter of a couple of lines! It's almost equivalent to a hit/damage/soak description in Savage Worlds ruleset..
And such couple of lines are the core of a DW game, because they tell you what happens in fiction and how to go on playing.

phloog
August 9th, 2020, 14:03
Perhaps the dumbest question ever, but on Page 1 there is a label for "Attached File," but it is not an actual link (using Chrome)....so while I can see all the screenshots and stuff, I can't download the module...or is this no longer available? Thanks

damned
August 9th, 2020, 15:00
Scroll to the bottom of this page and change the theme to FG Responsive

Oh and a sneak peak of a project I have picked back up...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38434

spoofer
August 9th, 2020, 15:35
OMG, that looks so awesome.

spoofer
August 9th, 2020, 22:47
So we were playing DW last night, and .... man, did we ever have a tough time.

We tweaked the code so that we get a reminder to add one xp when we roll a failed result, because we kept forgetting to do that.

damned
August 9th, 2020, 23:22
hehehe :) fail big!

spoofer If you use MoreCore as your Base there is a /pbta roll and you can link all the moves with their stats so when you improve a Stats all corresponding rolls also get updated!

spoofer
August 10th, 2020, 11:27
I see Ref Field A ~ C at the bottom of the move tab, and I see that dropping a stat into one of these fields links to the stat. But how do I reference ref field A? The example characters do not directly reference the character stats.

/pbta 2d6+(p1)

What do I change p1 to?

damned
August 10th, 2020, 12:43
(a) or (a1) etc

spoofer
August 10th, 2020, 15:07
Haha.

I tried (r) (ref) (r1) etc., but they did not work. :hurt:

Thanks. I will tell the group.

Harriman
April 26th, 2021, 15:55